"What does “restore_files_rvrk.txt” or “restore_files_rvrk.html” says that files on my Windows computer system are encrpted and also ask me to pay 1.5 BTC on a certain Bitcoin address. It has also fixed a time limit to pay the amount, otherwise I will have to suffer with a permanent loss of several valuable files on my computer. I can't even identify file formats of saved files after encryption with entirely different name and file extension. Please help me to get rid of this file encryption virus."
If you are getting restore_files_rvrk.txt or restore_files_rvrk.html on your computer while attempting to open any personal file then your computer has compromised by Cryptowall 4.0 ransomware. Cyrptowall 4.0 ransomware is descendant of Cryptowall 3.0 with significant modification. Now it uses more advanced AES CBC 256-bit file encryption algorithm and entirely change the name of victim's file. After encrption the ransomware program uses entirely new name and several different file extension. As for example your encrypted file will be shown as 2sact.na7ep, 3acettv9.a2, 4anrtrnkfo.2aecn etc. So it is now more complicated to identify the acctual file format and decode the files. Some other changes are also noticed in this version of cryptowall as for example deletion of Shadow volume deletion, new gateway for receiving payment and redesign of ransome note HTML, TEXT or .PNG files.
restore_files_rvrk.txt ask tyo pay the ransom within nintysix hours and after this time limit it doubles the ransom amount. It puts high pressure on users and compel them to make payment of ransom amount. It changes the desktop beckground image as a ransom note to remind the computer users about file encrypotion and instruction to make payment by use of Tor browser. Victims of this rsnsomware, must want to know that how this ransomware get into the PC? The most used deceptive method to propagate by this ransomware is distribution of Spam email that carry infected files or a link of malicious website. The developers (cyber criminals) of this ransomware distribute emails with forged subject line that attract and entice users to open the attachment file or click in the links. Use of software bundling is another method to serve this infection over Internet. Here is a guide to remove restore_files_rvrk.txt and all other components of ransomware from your computer.
How To Remove restore_files_rvrk.txt Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all restore_files_rvrk.txt related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out restore_files_rvrk.txt related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the restore_files_rvrk.txt infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.