What is Sharecash Screenlocker?
Sharecash Screenlocker is a new screen locking ransomware infection which infects the Windows Computer and extorts money from the user. It is compatible with all version of Windows PC such as Windows Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2005, Server 2008, XP, NT, Me, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and so on. It has been specially designed and created by cyber offenders along with the sole intention to make money and profit for third-party. Summary of this ransomware is as follows :
- Threat's Name – Sharecash Screenlocker
- Type – Ransomware
- File Extensions – Does not affect the System user files
- Ransom amount – Varies
- Description – Locks the entire stored data and System and then after asking for a ransom amount to get the decryption key.
- Removal – Possible
More Analysis On Sharecash Screenlocker
According to the depth analysis from researchers, it has been declared as a malicious application which set to lock your all System's screen. Once it locks your System, it will kill the Windows Explorer and displays a fake error window which claims user that their version of Windows Computer is not genuine and that you can enter the key into the dialog box and activate them. You can also click on the 'Click here to get your key' message. If you click on such a message, a pop-up window will open which says that your file is ready to be downloaded but you will notice that it does not work. It always redirects you to the Fileam.com/pages/dtos[.]php. The cyber hackers blackmail the System user by Microsoft stating that the locker is a genuine Windows security feature. In short, it is a very dangerous infection whose sole intention is to install on your PC secretly, stop the Windows Explorer and force you to fill out their survey which supplied by the third-party. If you want to stop such a malicious infection then you should delete Sharecash Screenlocker as quickly you can.
Intrusion Method of Sharecash Screenlocker
Common Symptoms of Sharecash Screenlocker
- Locks entire screen and prevents user to access their PC normally.
- Automatically alters your entire System and browser settings without any consent.
- Degrades Computer entire speed by consuming more resources.
- Sharecash Screenlocker can stop the functionality of your entire security tools and software.
- This variant of ransomware can brings additional malicious infection into the compromised machine.
Remove Sharecash Screenlocker From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Sharecash Screenlocker in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Sharecash Screenlocker using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Sharecash Screenlocker
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Sharecash Screenlocker related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Sharecash Screenlocker Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Sharecash Screenlocker related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Sharecash Screenlocker virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
A Tutorial Video Guide To Get Rid of Sharecash Screenlocker
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Sharecash Screenlocker infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.