Researcher's Report on Absolute Keylogger
Absolute Keylogger is a new term falls under the category of worst System infection named Trojan infection. Although, this keylogger is promoted by cyber criminals as an excellent system-monitoring tool used in several companies to track the activities of employees and in house to keep an eye on browsing habits of kids. Judged on its claims, most of the Computer users take it as a helpful one but unfortunately, it values among the several Computer actors due to its core functionality and ability to execute as the hidden service named as 'Nsetup.exe'. It is commonly used by the team of cyber criminals to tracks users browsing session and record usernames, password, credit or debit card details and several other crucial data. Take a closer look at its interface through which it trick more System users :
Threat's Profile of Absolute Keylogger
|Threat's Name||Absolute Keylogger|
|Discovered Date||September 04th, 2016|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Removal||Possible, detailed removal instruction described below.|
|Recommended||Download Windows Scanner & Delete Absolute Keylogger.|
Negative Traits of Absolute Keylogger
Moreover, the developers of Absolute Keylogger offer the web panel and allow System user to track activity of devices. This keylogger allow for the easy monitoring over the secure connection. Apart from these, it has the ability to copy your email IDs and send them to its creators, disables the security mechanisms in Windows PC, extort your all browsing history, export the key log reports through encrypted channels and many more. In short, Absolute Keylogger is a type of Trojan infection created by the Trojan developers only for financial purposes. As long as it stays on your PC, it will also endanger your privacy. To keep data and PC safe for further damages or financial loss, it is highly recommended to get rid of Absolute Keylogger.
Dispersal Methods of Absolute Keylogger
Being a member of Trojan community, Absolute Keylogger crawls inside the Windows Computer secretly via several illegal means. It makes copies of itself and spread over the entire network to compromise more and more Windows System. Most of the cases, this Trojan infection compromised Windows PC via bundling method because this method offers several digital downloads inside the PC without users awareness. Download & installation of any cost-free packages is one of the main source of infiltration. This is why, you must keep an eye and pay attention while downloading any cost-free application. Bear in your mind that your little attention can simply avoid you from the attack or being a victim of Absolute Keylogger or another malicious malware.
Manual Absolute Keylogger Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Absolute Keylogger
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Absolute Keylogger, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Absolute Keylogger Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Absolute Keylogger infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Absolute Keylogger infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Absolute Keylogger, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Absolute Keylogger
How to View Absolute Keylogger Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Absolute Keylogger related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Absolute Keylogger Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Absolute Keylogger, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Absolute Keylogger Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Absolute Keylogger.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Absolute Keylogger related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Absolute Keylogger related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Absolute Keylogger associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Absolute Keylogger, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.