Hello, I have got a ransomware but i am not able to find which one it is. My files becomes corrupted. There is a ransom note of 6 copies of a text file in my c: drive. I am unable to understand what should I do? Please help me anyone soon to fix this problem on my infected PC. Thanks in advance.
AES-Matrix ransomware : Brief investigation report on it
AES-Matrix ransomware is a recently discovered a computer malware program that make files corrupt on victim's PC but does not append any new extensions to the encrypted files. Furthermore, this malware generate a ransom note and display on your system and saved it into the folders with the enciphered data. The ransom note suggesting the victims to contact with the hackers using emails "[email protected] or [email protected]" to get assistance on data recovery process and ransom payment. The following ransomware uses AES -256 encryption algorithm cryptography cipher to make corrupt victim's files on the targeted system. It can make inaccessible files like documents, images, audios, videos, spreadsheets, presentation files, databases and other similar or valuable files useless by making crucial changes into their structures. You can make your files accessible only by using an appropriated decryption software which you have to buy from the attackers by paying the ransom otherwise it is impossible. The full message of the ransom note is given below;
AES-Matrix ransomware : Technical Analysis
Not append any extensions
$100 in Bitcoins
Spam emails attachments, corrupt or bad scripts etc.
Distribution techniques used by AES-Matrix ransomware to get inside of your PC
According to malware researchers AES-Matrix ransomware intrude into system or network via RDP (Remote Desktop Connection) attacks. This RDP allows the users to login into a specific Windows PC remotely using RDP client and by using local services. It also uses some other distribution methods like spam email attachments, visit of unsafe sites, corrupt programs, dubious advertisements, installation of freeware which uses stealth and so on. You should use some of the preventive measures like use sophisticated password policy on your system, use updated antivirus protection on your system.
How to deal with AES-Matrix ransomware?
As you read above and know how malicious is the malware then you should never be ready to pay the ransom as the extortionist trying to convincing you by many of the tricks. You should follow the removal instructions that is given below at the end of the post to remove AES-Matrix ransomware and then after use the stored backup again.
A: How To Remove AES-Matrix ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill AES-Matrix ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the AES-Matrix ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall AES-Matrix ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all AES-Matrix ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore AES-Matrix ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing AES-Matrix ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing AES-Matrix ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by AES-Matrix ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.