Is your all System files encrypted by Lomix Ransomware and looking for an effective solution to delete it? If so, you are at the right place. This guide will definitely help you to encrypt your all files and delete it easily from your compromised machine. Before getting its manual step, first of all, you have to know about it and its harmful impacts. Let us start….
What is Lomix Ransomware?
Lomix Ransomware is one of the most dangerous Computer threat which belongs to the ransomware family. This variant of ransomware is very similar to the CryptoWire ransomware. Both ransomware has been created by the same developers and based on the same engine. The previously released ransomware can be acquired by the almost anyone and no surprise that it is the most developed version of the older infection. It does not matter that how it intrudes into your PC but the bottom line is that you have to delete Lomix Ransomware as soon as possible from your infected PC at any cost.
Generally, it entered into the user PC along with the spam email attachment. The campaigns of junk or spam emails are the most common distribution way that employed by the developers of ransomware. Although the developer can also use the website exploit kits and remote desktop access programs to lurk into the user PC. Beside this, it can also attack your PC via torrent files, infected devices, file sharing network, online games, file sharing network and much more.
After intruding into the user PC successfully, it starts to begin its encryption process. The encryption process of this ransomware is very similar to the older version of CryptoWire ransomware but it is different in terms of a ransom note. On completion of the encryption process, it displays a warning alert or notification which states that you need to buy a decryption key. This ransomware asks you to pay $500USD in BTC to get the decryption key while CryptoWire ransomware demands $200USD. It also asks you to contact with the cyber hackers via [email protected] email address.
Lomix Ransomware uses the strong AES-256 encryption algorithm to affects the stored files and drops the very same files to confuse System user. The previous version of CryptoWire ransomware only encrypts files that were smaller than 30MB, so there was a huge chance to intact with the file even after completing the encryption. But according to the researcher team, it has been pointed that this ransomware may get tweaked in the future. Thus, it is clear that it can encrypt your any files and makes them inaccessible. It asks you to pay the ransom amount but before paying, you have to think twice because there is no any guarantee that after paying the money you will get the decryption tool. As long as it stays on your PC, it will release your privacy. For the sake of privacy and to keep data protected, you need to delete Lomix Ransomware immediately.
A: How To Remove Lomix Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Lomix Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Lomix Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Lomix Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Lomix Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Lomix Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Lomix Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
The complete Lomix Ransomware removal guide | Expert Reviews
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Lomix Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Lomix Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.