Being discovered at November 13, 2017 and updated at November 13, 2017, Trojan.Reaver is a menacing malware infection which the system security analysts have notified highly dangerous for the Windows PCs. It has been especially designed by potent cyber crooks to steals the user's personal information and make their system vulnerable. It likewise those of various other catastrophic threats of the same group, perforates itself very silently inside the targeted PC, without being acknowledged by the users. The infection once loaded successfully, contributes numerous awful issues in the PC.
Trojan.Reaver usually starts conduction of several unethical practices via initially acquiring complete control over entire PC and then creating the set forth files :
Infection moreover, without seeking the user's permission, modifies the system's preset registry settings and generated the below mentioned registry entries :
Crooks mainly brought this modification for the purpose of making itself capable enough of grabbing persistence in the system. Threat besides, establishes the system's connection with the set forth remote location :
The main motto of offenders behind exercising this practice is to enable themselves to accommodate the user's personal stuff (such as computer name, IP address, processor speed, memory information, operating system version, volume serial number and many more) from the victimized system. This gathered content is then later on revealed to the potent online marketing agents for the sake of several commercial purposes. This way, this Trojan threat poses harm to the user's privacy.
Trojan.Reaver additionally, in order to forbid itself from being traced and then eradicated from the PC deactivates the security program existing in the system and blocks the Windows firewall program. It moreover, brings in numerous other menacing malware infections inside computer system without seeking the user's approval by very silently opening a backdoor onto it. This infection diminishes the system's working speed badly by perforating numerous junk files in it. Hence, to emancipate the system as well as credential stuff stored in it from all such awful traits, it is undoubtedly very important for the users to remove Trojan.Reaver from it.
How Trojan.Reaver Disseminates Inside PC ?
- Trojan.Reaver commonly propagates itself among user's PC through spam email campaigns.
- Downloading freeware programs from several anonymous domain and then installing them in the system with careless attitude also plays a very crucial role in the intrusion of this perilous threat inside PC.
- Threat might intrude itself through contaminated peripheral devices and online games.
How to Remove Trojan.Reaver from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.Reaver from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.Reaver using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.Reaver
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.Reaver.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.Reaver from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.Reaver and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.Reaver and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.Reaver and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.Reaver and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Reaver Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.Reaver to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.Reaver named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.Reaver entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.Reaver, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.