Quick Glance of Backdoor.Athena
|Category||Malware, Trojan, Virus|
|Danger Level||Very High|
|Infected Systems||Windows OS|
|Description||Backdoor.Athena is one of the notorious and dangerous malware which is capable to ruin affected machine badly.|
|Distribution channels||Spam campaigns, infected advertisements, fake system update, vulnerable content download etc.|
|Removal Recommendations||Download free scanner to identify and get rid of Backdoor.Athena.|
Know Detailed Information About Backdoor.Athena
According to the security analysts, Backdoor.Athena is a CIA spying program which is capable to target almost all version of Windows Operating System including Windows Vista, Server, Me, XP, Vista, NT, 7, 8 and the latest version Windows 10. Such a malware has been specifically designed by the group of cyber criminals to take complete control over the compromised Windows machine remotely. It allows hackers to perform complete sort of things on targeted machine such as uploading malicious software, deleting crucial data, stealing victims all personal data and send them to the CIA server. It can also use your web camera to spy on you and gets your all personal as well as financial data in hand.
Harmful Effects of Backdoor.Athena
Similar to other notorious malware, it proliferate inside PC silently and after that it implements several types of modifications in your crucial settings, mess you System registry files, alert/damaged files etc which as a result your programs may not execute properly. As name suggest, it serves a backdoor to other notorious malware including spyware, keyloggers, spammers, ransomware, browser hijacker etc. It also degrades your System working speed by consuming several CPU memory and space. However, this is not at all Backdoor.Athena is capable of. It can ruin your browsing as well as System experience badly. Therefore, the deletion of Backdoor.Athena is best solution to keep System as well as valuable data safe for future or long time.
Intrusion Method of Backdoor.Athena
Like other Trojan infection, Backdoor.Athena also relies on spam mail method to travel over the web. Open of any spam message or download of any dubious attachment is one of main source of malware infection. That's why, caution and attention are crucial to prevent PC from such an infection. You must avoid yourself from open those message that comes from unknown persons even if they look interesting and helpful. Hackers often pray for users carelessness. Thus, you can avoid attack of Backdoor.Athena or other malware by paying too much attention.
Steps to Remove Backdoor.Athena
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Backdoor.Athena
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Backdoor.Athena
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Backdoor.Athena and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Backdoor.Athena
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Backdoor.Athena and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Backdoor.Athena. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Backdoor.Athena related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Backdoor.Athena, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Backdoor.Athena Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Backdoor.Athena Running Processes.
- Right Click on Backdoor.Athena and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Backdoor.Athena Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Backdoor.Athena and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Backdoor.Athena Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Backdoor.Athena, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!