Latest Research Report on Client Maximus
Client Maximus is a kind of malicious banking Trojan virus which is specifically developed by the cyber hackers based in Brazil. The malware was first reported in February 2017 by the security researchers. According to the cyber security analysts, this nasty and sophisticated Trojan threat is especially programmed to take advantage of famous programming languages like C#, PowerShell, .NET and VBScript in order to remain as stealthy as possible. Due to the presence of this malware, it will be quite hard to detect precompiled libraries into the legitimate Windows processes. Although, Client Maximus is designed to allow its developers to monitor the user's online browsing activities and make some changes to the financial transactions. It also displays few pop-ups messages onto your system screen to trick you into authorizing unsolicited banking operators.
How Does Client Maximus Work?
Moreover, the NSIS package extracts a legit system file i.e. system.dll, which is used to load a malicious DLL (Dynamic Link Library), that in turns handles the decryption of destructive enciphered Trojan. After the successful intrusion of the Client Maximus Trojan threat, it runs in the AppData directory. However, a DLL hijack operation is performed without your consent where a legit computer program receives commands in order to load a clean DLL, and the malware injects a nasty one. One the surface, the installed legitimate program loads a clean DLL file but the threat manages to inject a malicious one without being detected by the installed anti-virus vendors. The hijack of this corrupted DLL is random and the investigation have seen that the Trojan introduces corrupted code in the following applications:
- AcroTextExtractorexe (signed by Adobe)
- vprintproxy.exe (signed by VMware)
- agestore.exe (signed by Microsoft)
- cermgr.exe (signed by Microsoft)
In this kind of situation, you need to take immediate action for Client Maximus removal. It is a good idea to take help from a reputable anti-malware shield to detect and eliminate the malware completely from your PC. Several anti-virus vendors may detect this Trojan with some other names, such as:
- Gen:[email protected]
Steps to Remove Client Maximus
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Client Maximus
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Client Maximus
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Client Maximus and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Client Maximus
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Client Maximus and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Client Maximus. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Client Maximus related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Client Maximus, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Client Maximus Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Client Maximus Running Processes.
- Right Click on Client Maximus and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Client Maximus Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Client Maximus and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Client Maximus Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Client Maximus, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!