TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT file might be associated with a Trojan virus. Usually, .dat files are used to store critical information about various legitimate applications as well. As a result, the threat permits the criminal hackers in order to cover their tracks. Such malicious dat files serve as the disguise for noxious Trojan virus in junk messages since it requires the users' intervention to convert it immediately and reveal the content. Such type of curiosity may, later on, cost sensitive or personal files and result in the computer crash. The main objective of TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT file depends on the type of malware and its implemented functions. Some precarious threats may use this file to display intrusive pop-up advertisements, track user's online browsing sessions or contact the malicious remote server of the criminal hackers.
The key issue of such deceptive technique is that the racketeers try to spread few doubts over the users' mind related to the reliability of the file. More cautious system users may refrain from taking any type of action and unsure whether it is one of the important machine files. In addition to that, TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT is often of the alternative formats to some video files. They might also read as a text file. Due to its flexibility, the criminal hackers take a liking of them and places the nasty payloads of destructive viruses. Therefore, this Trojan also shifted to this deceptive technique. Speaking about the malware, the first sign of this malicious infection were detected in year 2005. At that time, the threat did not evolve into a most threatening virus, at least, for a while.
Why TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT should be removed?
However, after few years the malware was spotted again in the virtual space. It mainly affected the older versions of Windows operating system. Likewise, the threat was not considered as a most hazardous threat. After infiltrating the targeted computer, TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT affects the performance of infected machine. Modern Trojan virus mainly targets the confidential data, such as user's personal information or credit card credentials. Other forms of deceptive Trojan threats contribute to the distribution of most hazardous ransomware virus. This malware is unlikely to engage in such precarious activities due to the low technical specification of the threat. Although, it may interfere with your computer processes and access your vital information. Hence, you should take an immediate action for TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT removal from your infected Windows machine.
Steps to Remove TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT Running Processes.
- Right Click on TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove TASKPLAY\CACHES.DAT, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!