Tear Dr0p Ransomware : Threat’s Description
|Name||Tear Dr0p Ransomware|
|Description||After successful invasion of Tear Dr0p Ransomware, it enciphers the targeted data and the hackers behidn this vicious attack demands a hefty sum of ransom money from victimized users.|
|Possible Symptoms||File encryption, performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download Tear Dr0p Ransomware Scanner to confirm the attack of Tear Dr0p Ransomware virus.|
Depth-Analysis on Tear Dr0p Ransomware
Malware researchers have identified a new strain of file-encoder virus named Tear Dr0p Ransomware which belongs to the family of most hazardous computer virus. It is a malicious system threat which aims to encrypt the valuable data or files stored on compromised machine to earn illegal benefits. After its successful invasion, the malware enciphers the targeted data and the hackers responsible for this vicious attack demands a hefty sum of ransom money from the victimized users within limited time frame to receive a decryption tool. According to the security investigators, Tear Dr0p Ransomware virus targets English-speaking system users and encrypts the files using AES-256 ciphers. However, security experts at RMV do not recommend following the instructions of cyber hackers and refrain from paying asked ransom fee.
Threat actors are not worth relying on just because it might be possible that affected users will lose both their precious files and money. Once it enciphers the files stored on victim's computer, the ransomware appends '.teardr0p' file extension onto every encoded data. Besides, the Tear Dr0p Ransomware infection may have modified the default settings of compromised devices, opened backdoor access of the machine, invade other notorious viruses and made your affected computer entirely vulnerable. In most of the cases, this malware usually dropped onto the system through malicious spam email campaigns. Right after following successful file encryption, it displays a ransom demanding note in a program window named 'TEAR DROP V1' and also plays an audio recording which explains the message shown in its displayed ransom notification.
How To Deal with Tear Dr0p Ransomware Virus?
Furthermore, it is important for you to understand the risks which is associated with Tear Dr0p Ransomware because it not only encode your PC files, but also let inside other noxious viruses in order to damage your Windows system completely. Therefore, its elimination process should be performed with extreme care. Unfortunately, but the regular computer user is not experienced enough to deal with such hazardous ransomware-type infections. Likewise, one of the easiest way to clean your device is to ensure the removal of this malware with the help of a professional and trustworthy anti-malware program. By using a credible tool, you can delete Tear Dr0p Ransomware safely from your machine and then go for the file recovery process. You may wish to use alternative method for recovering files encoded by this ransomware.
Anti-virus Vendors Tag Tear Dr0p Ransomware as:
- Trojan ( 0052575b1 )
- malicious_confidence_100% (W)
A: How To Remove Tear Dr0p Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Tear Dr0p Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Tear Dr0p Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Tear Dr0p Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Tear Dr0p Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Tear Dr0p Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Tear Dr0p Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Tear Dr0p Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Tear Dr0p Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.