Latest Investigation Report on Vega Stealer
|Description||Vega Stealer is reported to steal the login credentials from the web browsers installed on affected user's machine.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download Vega Stealer Scanner to confirm the attack of Vega Stealer virus.|
Everything You Need To Know About Vega Stealer
Cyber security experts have reported a new strain of malware named Vega Stealer which falls into the category of Trojan virus. According to the security professionals, this threat is a heavily modified version of the previously reported Stealer malware which is also known as August Stealer. Both these computer viruses are written in .NET programming language. This precarious cyber infection is especially designed by the team of criminal hackers which is used to take the advantage of code libraries that were shipped with the Windows operating systems including Win 7, 8 and Windows 10 that allows for enhancing the capability and lack of trust on unsigned code. Besides, Vega Stealer has the ability to bypass the detection of many anti-virus scanners which it uses a limited volume of the unsigned libraries and uses code signed by Microsoft Inc.
Furthermore, it may get inside your machine when you open a file attached to an email arrived on spam folder. Such spam emails which carries the payload of this dangerous Trojan virus contains the subject line that look like product delivery status or job offers. However, Vega Stealer virus was reported on May 2018 by the cyber security experts. Based on the recent research report, the malware is equipped with various major differences as compare to the previously identified August Stealer Trojan. The original one was equipped with some tools that steals the login credentials from the web browsers installed on affected user's machine. It was reported to attack the most popular Internet browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Edge and IM Clients like Skype. After getting inside your machine, Vega Stealer Trojan mainly affects the latest versions of the we browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
How Does Vega Stealer Trojan Virus Work?
The main objectives of this malware is to enter the targeted computers silently and initiates a wide scan for popular file formats like .RTF, .DOC, .XLS, .DOCX, .TXT, .PDF, and .XLSX. After that, the Vega Stealer cyber infection extracts the data stored on these file formats and uploads it to the remotely accessed Command and Control server. Technically speaking, it is identified to monitor the network protocols which is used by Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browser. Malware researchers revealed that the Trojan is used by the hackers to gain access to user's online banking accounts, social media accounts and steal confidential data from the system easily. Meanwhile, it may uses the obfuscation layer which makes the manual removal of this malware quite impossible. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to use a reputable anti-malware suite to get rid of Vega Stealer permanently from the compromised systems.
Manual Vega Stealer Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Vega Stealer
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Vega Stealer, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Vega Stealer Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Vega Stealer infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Vega Stealer infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Vega Stealer, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Vega Stealer
How to View Vega Stealer Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Vega Stealer related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Vega Stealer Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Vega Stealer, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Vega Stealer Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Vega Stealer.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Vega Stealer related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Vega Stealer related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Vega Stealer associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Vega Stealer, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.