An Overview of Googlesearch.me
Googlesearch.me is a search provider registered on June 29th, 2017 and updated on August 28th, 2017 by 1&1 Internet SE registrar. The registry domain ID is D425500000005251593-AGRS. The registrant name of this domain is Antonio Rubira Marin who belongs to the ES country. System user can easily contact with the registrant by calling on +34.627393022 phone number or messaging on [email protected] email ID.
Complete Information About Googlesearch.me
Googlesearch.me is another search engine promoted by it's developer as a helpful and legitimate ones. Like other legitimate search engine, it also claims innocent user to enhance their web surfing and the web browsing experience. Actually, it is a very notorious and deceptive browser hijacker infection which is specifically designed and created by the team of potential cyber hackers. It mainly hijacks users' all web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and much more by modifying their default search provider and homepage. After modifying installed browser settings, it may endanger your System privacy by recording or tracking browsing activities.
Propagation Channels of Googlesearch.me
Generally, Googlesearch.me appears on the PC in secret mode. The most important but shocking thing you have to know that it cannot lurks inside your Computer without asking for your permission. Now, you will definitely think that when you allow it, stop thinking because it does not directly infiltrates inside your PC. It enters inside the PC when you allowed the dubious program to update existing software or application, read spam email, downloading any cost free packages or infectious attachments and much more. There are numerous ways through which it can get inside your PC directly without your approval.
Common Symptoms of Googlesearch.me
Once infiltrating inside your PC successfully, Googlesearch.me will cause lots of serious troubles to you. Due to this infection, you can see lots of unexpected things happening on your PC. Some of the most common issues caused by this browser hijacker infection are listed below :
- Bombards your screen with endless commercial ads.
- Freezes up System speed and degrades Internet working speed.
- Alters the browser settings and modifies the search engine with Googlesearch.me.
- Prevents innocent System user to surf the web normally.
- Exploits the PC vulnerabilities and allow hackers to injects more malicious threats inside the Windows System.
Manual Steps to Remove Googlesearch.me From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Googlesearch.me related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Googlesearch.me completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Googlesearch.me related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Googlesearch.me and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Googlesearch.me
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Googlesearch.me related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Googlesearch.me related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Googlesearch.me related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Googlesearch.me related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Googlesearch.me from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.