What do you know about Page-ups.com?
Page-ups.com is another terms added by malware researchers in the category of browser hijacker infection because it modifies the entire browser settings and hijacks all well reputable browser. Although, this domain comes with an attractive interface that featured with a search box and shortcut icons of most popular website including YouTube, Grooveshark, Yahoo, Twitter, Google, Facebook, BBC News, Wikipedia, iTunes, deviantART and much more. See how the homepage of Page-ups.com looks like :
Is Page-ups.com Safe?
Despite of it's all promises and legitimate appearances, you should not trust on it because this domain is not helpful as it claimed. When you search any queries from it's search box, it will provide you result from "Google" database. It actually acts as a middleman between the System user and Google website. Specifically, this site has been designed and used by the team of cyber hackers just only for the commercial purposes.
How cyber hacker earn online money from Page-ups.com?
Page-ups.com is known to bombards targeted machine with thousand of endless advertisements and links that typically based on the pay-per-click platform. A simple click on those ads or links may lead you to the another questionable domain and urges you to purchase the sponsored products. Since, advertisements and links are based on the PPC scheme, intentional or unintentional click may generate revenues for the unknown. That's why, expert are strictly warned victim that they should avoid to click on the any malicious links or suspicious ads.
How Page-ups.com get lurk inside the Computer?
Page-ups.com is really phishing domain that often lurks inside the Windows System as a form of suspicious add-ons, malicious toolbar, plug-ins and harmful codes that travels along with the bundling method. When you download and install any freeware or shareware program from trusted or untrusted domain using the custom or default installation mode then it secretly penetrates inside your System. Therefore, you should be careful while installing any packages inside your Computer. You must accept the software license, read terms & condition and use advance or custom option.
What are the negative consequences caused by Page-ups.com?
- Inactivate your Internet, firewall security and the anti-virus program.
- Highly consumes resources and memory space to slows down your System speed.
- Displays endless irritating ads based on PPC platform.
- Replaces the existing homepage and default search engine with Page-ups.com.
- Gathers user's all personal data and later forwarded them to cyber hacker for evil purposes.
Manual Steps to Remove Page-ups.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Page-ups.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Page-ups.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Page-ups.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Page-ups.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Page-ups.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Page-ups.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Page-ups.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Page-ups.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Page-ups.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Page-ups.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.