Concealed Information About Broadband-search.com
Broadband-search.com has been proclaimed as a treacherous browser hijacker program that was brought down near the end of 2015. It sneaks silently inside the user's PC like as that of various other browser hijacker program and then starts pretending itself as a efficient search provider that may include potential of being a better alternative to several most popular search engines such as Yahoo and Microsoft Bing. It regarding the purpose of proofing all it's claims 100% true, provides the visitors with search results in text, image and video formats. Now though due to all such tantrums, the program appears completely reliable but it is strongly advised not to trust it at all since in reality it is just a malicious stuff utilized by cyber criminals for the primary objective of producing a considerable amount of pay-per visitor marketing revenue.
Furthermore, the IP address of Broadband-search.com i.e., 188.8.131.52 has been reported associated with number of cyber threats. PC users that unfortunately load this malicious program in their system are more likely to be the victim of threats like :
- Win32:Adware-gen [Adw]
The aforementioned vicious program has been labeled capable of compromising all the most utilized web browser programs namely Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Microsoft Edge. It once loaded, evolve tons of issues in the PC. First of all hijacks the default browser and re-seizes it's entire preset settings. Moreover it also poses harm to the user's privacy.
How Broadband-search.com Lurks Silently Inside PC ?
Freeware programs and applications have been labeled as one of the potent source leading to the secret invasion of Broadband-search.com inside PC. Aside from this, often the causes such as sharing data among multiple computer systems connected via LAN connection, updating antivirus programs installed in the PC on irregular basis, accessing spam emails and downloading it's vicious attachments also results in the intrusion of this malicious threat in the PC.
Broadband-search.com Is Malicious
Broadband-search.com on obtaining complete proliferation in the PC, takes complete control over it and modifies the preset browser's setting. Moreover monitors the user's browsing practices and drain out their sensitive stuff. Later on based on that flood the browser's screen with pop-ups. Clicking this pop-up ads redirects the users to number of phishing domain. Meanwhile also gathers the user's personal identifiable information and share it with online hackers for evil purpose. It slows down the system's speed badly. Thus, to avoid all such unpleasant consequences, it is very necessary to uninstall Broadband-search.com quickly from the PC.
Manual Steps to Remove Broadband-search.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Broadband-search.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Broadband-search.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Broadband-search.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Broadband-search.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Broadband-search.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Broadband-search.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Broadband-search.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Broadband-search.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Broadband-search.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Broadband-search.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.