Expert's Analysis Report on CerBerSysLock Ransomware
CerBerSysLock Ransomware is a newly identified ransomware that has been discovered by team of security analysts on December 07th, 2017. According to the researchers, it is based on Xorist Ransomware that incorporate the XOR encryption algorithm and transmitted to the Computer users through corrupted macro scripts embedded into the fake updates that received through spam emails. This new variant of ransomware mainly communicates with the new set of 'C&C' servers. Once infiltrating into the Windows System, it performs a deep scan, find out the specified file types including audios or videos, images, PDFs, documents, databases, etc and then encrypt them. You can notice its infected files easily because it renames the file by appending .CerBerSysLocked0009881 file extension. Upon the successful encryption, it displays ' HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt'. The text presented in ransom note is shown in this image :
In-Depth Report on Ransom Note Displayed By CerBerSysLock Ransomware
The ransom note is generated by the team of cyber criminals to encourages victims to contact the hackers via [email protected] By displaying scary message, hackers ask victim to pay ransom fee. Still, the ransom amount is unknown. Despite of it's claims, you should not pay ransom fee under any circumstances because in reality the hackers do not deliver you any decryption key to decrypt your valuable files. Some of the security analysts believe that it is actually linked to another member of Xorist family which has a CerberImposter known as "[email protected]' crypto-virus. Security analysts are highly advise victim that they should not pay ransom fee because it is just only a tricky thing used by hackers with the evil intention. Rather than making deal with hackers, you must eliminate CerBerSysLock Ransomware from PC immediately.
Dispersal Methods of CerBerSysLock Ransomware
According to the depth analysis by researchers, CerBerSysLock Ransomware often infected the Windows System through spam emails that contain malicious attachments and macros. Generally victims are deceived by spam letter since they imitated the invoiced from the most popular and branded companies. When System user open any those malicious attachment, it secretly penetrate inside the PC and without their awareness. Bear in your mind that the malspam campaigns are not only the proliferation channel of CerBerSysLock Ransomware. Besides, its developers uses other tricky and advanced way to attack PC including bundling method, torrent attackers, P2P file sharing network, infected external devices and much more.
Precaution Measures To Avoid PC Against CerBerSysLock Ransomware
- Always use the robust and updated System security software.
- Don't download any files or programs from P2P file sharing networks.
- Stop yourself to click on any suspicious ads or malicious links.
- Never open any spam emails or attachments that come to your inbox from the unknown sender.
- Opt only Advanced/Custom option to install any freeware or shareware packages.
How To Remove CerBerSysLock Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End CerBerSysLock Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the CerBerSysLock Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall CerBerSysLock Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all CerBerSysLock Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall CerBerSysLock Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete CerBerSysLock Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete CerBerSysLock Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all CerBerSysLock Ransomware related programs.
Remove CerBerSysLock Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all CerBerSysLock Ransomware related entries.
Remove CerBerSysLock Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the CerBerSysLock Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free CerBerSysLock Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.