My younger brother is addicted to internet. Whole day he usually watch online videos and download many of new free software from unreliable sources. So due to these behavior there is not a shocking news to see a PUP downloaded on my system. But the thing is that I am trying to uninstall it but fails all the time. I can not understand what should I do? Someone please suggest me a helpful removal solution.
Check Weather Chrome Extension : Some More Details About It
Check Weather Chrome Extension
PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)
Showing too many pop-ups and ads, redirections, fake links, slow system etc.
Bundles of freeware or shareware, corrupt links, intrusive advertisements etc.
Check Weather Chrome Extension Can Bother Your Google Chrome Web Browser
Check Weather Chrome Extension is detected as a malicious Google Chrome extension program which can hijack your default search engine without your permission. Once it gains access to your system then it start to manages many of unwanted activities on the compromised system. It injects many of malicious advertisements, pop-ups, banners and similar other unwanted things on every sites that you opened or visited on your browser. The Check Weather can make changes into your browser's settings to replace your default search engine provider and new tab pages with itself or other hijacked web pages to divert your search results on another pages. It is promoted as a widget that is associated to Chrome browser and provide the latest weather forecast reports and other useful information to users. But this is not its real side it reveals after installation on your system.
Check Weather Chrome Extension is reported to travel along with the installers of third party freeware or shareware which hides the list of installation packages. In a recent research report reported this extension program is found on the Google Chrome Web Store. But it was immediately removed from there as it has some of the unwanted properties. It is "installed by your administrator" and "installed by enterprise policy." So you should be always alert and use "Custom or Advanced" screen to install new programs on system and also check their license agreements and other security measures.
Therefore the more you delay to remove Check Weather Chrome Extension from your system it becomes more vicious. So use a reliable anti-malware on the infected device to follow the elimination.
Step:1 Remove Check Weather Chrome Extension or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Check Weather Chrome Extension or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Check Weather Chrome Extension or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Check Weather Chrome Extension
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Check Weather Chrome Extension from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Check Weather Chrome Extension
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Check Weather Chrome Extension will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Check Weather Chrome Extension
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Check Weather Chrome Extension in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Check Weather Chrome Extension
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Check Weather Chrome Extension while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Check Weather Chrome Extension Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Check Weather Chrome Extension
How to Block Check Weather Chrome Extension Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Check Weather Chrome Extension exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Check Weather Chrome Extension Removal