What do you know about ComboJack Cryptojacking?
ComboJack Cryptojacking is a kind of nasty Trojan virus which is used for mining cryptocurrency on Windows systems. The name of this malware is based on two words i.e. cryptocurrency and hijacking which means that it can run the operation on victim's machine to hijack digital money. Here, it is important for you to understand that ComboJack is a software which used by the criminal hackers to complete the cryptocurrency hijacking process. Besides, there are main two types of cryptojacking process in which the first one is used to inject malicious code on a website that affects the system's processors whenever the targeted system users visited those sites. The second one includes infecting the computer users with with a CPU or GPU miner that runs in the PC's background and affects the machine with ComboJack Cryptojacking virus.
How Does ComboJack Cryptojacking Trojan Spread?
Cyber criminals responsible for this vicious attack are identified to propagate numerous spam emails that consists the payload of this nasty cyber infection. Such junk emails invite the computer users to open the attached files in order to check if they are not the real owner of a lost iPhone. Technically, these type of emails contains a macro script which is automatically executed by Windows devices. Later, the script instructs the targeted users to connect to a remote server and then download the ComboJack Cryptojacking Trojan virus in order to run it onto their machine. What's more, during this operation, you may not notice any warning messages, audio, or desktop notification on the system's screen.
Working Principles of ComboJack Cryptojacking Virus
The sole intention of this threat is to gather cryptocurrency, but it does not mine the digital money on its own. It is specifically developed to enable the third parties in order to hijack money from the digital wallets of the users infected with ComboJack Cryptojacking that may have invested in Monero, Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum. After getting inside the machine, the threat waits for the cryptocurrency transaction and changes the wallet address where the users wants to transfer the digital money. As a result, the developers of this threat get benefited through such deceptive ways. In the system's background, the malware consumes maximum system resources and degrades the computer's performance and may open the backdoor for other viruses. Hence, ComboJack Cryptojacking should be removed immediately from your PC.
How to Remove ComboJack Cryptojacking from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall ComboJack Cryptojacking from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to ComboJack Cryptojacking using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find ComboJack Cryptojacking
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate ComboJack Cryptojacking.
Step3: How to Uninstall ComboJack Cryptojacking from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to ComboJack Cryptojacking and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to ComboJack Cryptojacking and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose ComboJack Cryptojacking and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select ComboJack Cryptojacking and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete ComboJack Cryptojacking Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type ComboJack Cryptojacking to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all ComboJack Cryptojacking named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only ComboJack Cryptojacking entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of ComboJack Cryptojacking, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.