StartupMaximizer is identified as a pup (potentially unwanted program) that belong to the family of the adware. Further, it is also categorized as a rogue software and is promoted by the third party applications tools like multi-media software, download manager and so on. Often it comes with bundled freeware program and along with also carry other free programs in manner to installed within the system without having the knowledge of the users. After the successful infiltration of this program onto your computer it result to create severe issues and problems to it and thus makes the system vulnerable to access on to it. Apart from all these it also modify the installed web browser default setting including the web home page. As this program aim to optimize and enhance the performance of your computer. Further, it also use huge consumption of the system resources and degrades the performance of your computer. It also pay extra loads on to the web traffic and increase the traffic of your web. Besides these, it also display tons of annoying and irritating ads, banners, deals, advertisement, coupons etc and thus put you in a trouble to operate on to it further. So to keep the system away from its effects in near by future you should immediate remove StartupMaximizer from your infected PC.
StartupMaximizer further also prevent you to surf on to your favorite websites and bookmark sites. It also infect and corrupt down all your stored files, data, text, documents, folders etc that become difficult to gain access on to it. Moreover, it give alert messages on to your system screen in manner to update the outdated software such as Java, Media Player, Video Player, Flash Player and so on. Therefore, it is very necessary to protect the system from its ill effects, so without wasting much of your time you should soon remove StartupMaximizer from your computer.
Learn To Remove StartupMaximizer Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete StartupMaximizer Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of StartupMaximizer Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to StartupMaximizer related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from StartupMaximizer On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing StartupMaximizer from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.