WiTopia is identified as a harmful and malicious adware program that by default get installed within the system and cause harm to it. As it claim to be a helpful third party software that provides their users with lots of useful features and tools. But it neither perform any such operation after the installation of this program on your computer. Further, it interrupt and make you annoyed to further operate on to your system by the displays of tons of ads, advertisements, pop-up, banners, deals, coupons, offers etc. Aside this it also result to change the DNS settings and modify the default settings of the commonly used web browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and also replace the browser existing home page too. On the other end it also disable the installed security program and crack the browser firewall security program too. Result to collects down all your personal details such as login, password, bank account, credit card, IP address, URL etc to by pass it to the remote server to perform illegal operation through it. So to keep the system away from it you should immediate remove WiTopia from your infected PC.
WiTopia also result to slower down the performance of your PC and consumed huge amount of the system resources too. It also change the settings of the system such as registry files, task manager, Windows editor, exe files and such more that result to put the system at a high risk. Further it easily sneaks with in the system by the download of freeware program, use of the removable drives, surfing on to unsafe and suspicious websites, through Spam/junk email attached files etc. It even redirect your web search for visit of unsafe and harmful website. It is therefore strongly recommended you to soon remove WiTopia from your computer.
Step:1 Remove WiTopia or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for WiTopia or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall WiTopia or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove WiTopia
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of WiTopia from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall WiTopia
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by WiTopia will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of WiTopia
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from WiTopia in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against WiTopia
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting WiTopia while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and WiTopia Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from WiTopia
How to Block WiTopia Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still WiTopia exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about WiTopia Removal