Hey there, Since a couple of day I'm unable to access any of my saved PC files and documents. After scanning, I get to know about PUP.Optional.GoldClick infection. I have tried a lot to delete this malware but it seems impossible for me to remove it. I'm facing lots of problems due to this very threat. Can any one help me in blocking PUP.Optional.GoldClick malware?? Need your Help..Thanks!!
PUP.Optional.GoldClick is identified as a risky Trojan horse that mainly target Windows based system. This nasty threat silently get added and is capable to make your system completely non responsive. Once activated, PUP.Optional.GoldClick will start adding corrupt registries in Windows Registry Editor and will even disable task manager as well. Sometimes it try to appears as a zip file and the other times as a txt and so on. The sole motive of PUP.Optional.GoldClick infection is to trap innocent user and make easy money. It is capable to drain out all your saved files and information including banking and personal details by tracking your browser's history and saved pages. Beside that, PUP.Optional.GoldClick uses all your non sharable details in executing illegal activities. PUP.Optional.GoldClick will block all the active and running applications aiming to make your machine completely non responsive. It will modify all your saved files and data heading you towards severe data loss and its in-accessibility. This nasty malware is created by evil attackers along with the only motive to gain access over your machine and lately make it in-accessible. Hence, it is advised to take any serious step against PUP.Optional.GoldClick infection and make your system secured.
PUP.Optional.GoldClick trojan infection often get added along with junk mail, surfing malicious websites, clicking unusual links, social sites and most of the time along with bundled freewares which is downloaded from non authorized websites. PUP.Optional.GoldClick will add up its code in the boot section along with the only motive to get reloaded every time soon after system get restarted. What's more, this nasty threat will sometimes delete all your saved files and documents too without any notifications. IN order to get rid of all the above mentioned system's issues, we recommend to delete PUP.Optional.GoldClick instantly and thus solve all your system's issues.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.GoldClick from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall PUP.Optional.GoldClick from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to PUP.Optional.GoldClick using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find PUP.Optional.GoldClick
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate PUP.Optional.GoldClick.
Step3: How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.GoldClick from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to PUP.Optional.GoldClick and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to PUP.Optional.GoldClick and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose PUP.Optional.GoldClick and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select PUP.Optional.GoldClick and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete PUP.Optional.GoldClick Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type PUP.Optional.GoldClick to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all PUP.Optional.GoldClick named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only PUP.Optional.GoldClick entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of PUP.Optional.GoldClick, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.