Introduction of CryptoCat Ransomware :
CryptoCat Ransomware is one of the most popular and standard file encryption Trojan. According to its behavior, malware researcher classified it as a ransomware infection. This variant of ransomware uses asymmetric cryptography to encode the user’s stored data and append .crpytocat suffix to the end of filenames. This variant of Crypto ransomware is not as sophisticated as CryPy Ransomware and Zepto Ransomware but it is too much affected as other ransomware. It automatically replaces the default file extension with its own and prevents System user from accessing and reading the content of the file and document. This threat is capable to locks down all file formats. It uses very strong RSA-2048 encryption algorithm to encode the System files and then leaves a ransom note on Desktop screen in a “your files are locked!.txt” file. The ransom note usually ask you to contact with [email protected] or [email protected]to receive the instructions on how to pay the ransom amount of 1.45 BTC in order to get all encrypted files back. Anyone who has been affected by this threat, they are highly advised not to make money and try to use any effective method to delete CryptoCat Ransomware as soon as possible.
The text of ransom note are as follows:-
Intrusion Method of CryptoCat Ransomware
Similar to NoonCrypt Ransomware, this variant of ransomware is delivered to your PC via corrupted links and Spam emails. To replicate itself into the targeted PC, it acts just like a cat. It waits and hunts for user’s to open it’s malicious files or mail attachments. Once you open any unknown mail attachments, it runs a drive-by-download of notorious file and start itself automatically on the user PC to encrypt their files. Along with this, it uses a combination of tools to infiltrates into your PC, some of them are as follows:
- Exploit kits
Spam messages may be spread over your PC via various character. The aim of Spam message to make you fool that attachment or URL is very important. The topic which are used by Spam messages are includes:
- “Add me in your LinkedIn network.”
- “Confirmation letter for purchase.”
More Information of CryptoCat Ransomware
After intruding into your PC, it drops several malicious files into the Windows folder which are following:
Since CryptoCat Ransomware is a variant of another ransomware project called Pclock. Thus, it may create the following files:
CryptoCat Ransomware may also create some files on the %Desktop%, like :
Note : This file may always redirect the user to a payment page for the ransom.
Addition to all of these, the CryptoCat Ransomware modifies the following Windows key to make malicious files on Windows startup:
Dangerous Things Caused By CryptoCat Ransomware
- CryptoCat Ransomware ads .cryptocat file extension at the end of all stored files.
- Encrypts all files and leaves a ransom note.
- Change the wallpaper of user Desktop screen.
- Steals all crucial data and send them to remote attacker.
- Exploits System vulnerabilities.
How To Remove CryptoCat Ransomware Virus Manually
A Video Removal Guide To Get Rid of CryptoCat Ransomware
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all CryptoCat Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out CryptoCat Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the CryptoCat Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.