Latest research report on DeathNote Hackers Ransomware
Latest discovery of the malicious hackers is a dreadful ransom virus called as DeathNote Hackers Ransomware. It has been spotted on 18 April 2017. This system malware has been named after the custom wallpaper dropped on victims computer which carry out the infection of this ransom threat. The very same is also used by a cyber hackers group based on Indonesia which also have a group on Facebook. It is still not yet clear that the attackers behind this ransom virus is the rivaling group or trying to frame them. It is found that it more active in the Southeast Asia and it primarily attack on Windows Operating users.
The payload of this DeathNote Hackers Ransomware may be distributed to the users as into attached macro enabled documents, which may send via spam email attachments. It is entitled as a low tier system malware which used very similar encryption method like "RIJndel Ransomware" to lock all your files and data. It shows some similar functions like "Cry9 Ransomware" and it has been reported to delete the Shadow Volume Copies from your Windows Explorer and also generate a unique decryption or private key. Once it gets on your device then allow to search entire files and folders to target and collect the all possible files which takes a part in the encryption process. It does not encrypts the headers of the files. Some of the widely encrypted data formats are given below;
As you read above it replaces your desktop wallpaper with a custom images of ransom message which includes a man of black hoodie wearing a dark mask with a white skull pattern. It creates a small window which display the ransom note and says ;
Luckily, the malware researchers got succeeded to break the encryption technique so the victims they might wanted to input the codes "83KYG9NW-3K39V-2T3HJ-93F3Q-GT". So you may not to think about to pay the ransom of 0.5 Bitcoins ($604/564EURO) requested by the ransomware developers to buy the decryption or private key. This ransom virus is not so sophisticated as "NotAHero Ransomware" but it is a threat you can not deny from your consideration and you may want to do something in proper way to remove DeathNote Hackers Ransomware from your system. You should use a trusted anti-malware on the system to do the removal.
Step-By-Step Video Removal Guide To Delete DeathNote Hackers Ransomware
A: How To Remove DeathNote Hackers Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill DeathNote Hackers Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the DeathNote Hackers Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall DeathNote Hackers Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all DeathNote Hackers Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore DeathNote Hackers Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing DeathNote Hackers Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing DeathNote Hackers Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
DeathNote Hackers Ransomware
Restore your files encrypted by DeathNote Hackers Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.