I have got [email protected] virus on my computer. All files got locked suddenly and I am unable to access any of my data. I have been trying to access my files but every time, [email protected] throws a message that your files are encrypted and you need to buy the decryption key to unlock them. My anti-virus is also not helping me to remove this threat. I have no idea to how to delete [email protected] virus from my PC and rescue my files. Is there any way to remove this threat without paying ransom? How can I recover my files? Please help.
[email protected] is a nasty computer infection that has been categorized as Ransomware. This dubious PC threat is risky computer virus that encrypt all the data stored on the infected machine. After infiltrating your computer, this malign threat will firstly scan your hard drive for files and lock all your documents. It will also leave a ransom note in all the encrypted folders and ask you to pay the ransom to get your files back. This cunning malware infection will also show a ransom message when you try to access your files. [email protected] is really dangerous threat and it can infect all versions of Windows computer very easily. It can also disable your anti-virus, so that you can not remove this threat from your computer.
[email protected] mainly get distributed via spam or junk email attachments. It can be delivered into your mailbox as a normal email with some attachment. You must not open any attachment from any unknown sender, as it can contain harmful threats like [email protected] Once installed on your computer, this dubious threat will encrypt your entire system data. It is able to lock all kind of files like images, audios, videos, movies, document, excel files, pdf, presentations and many more. It will ask you to pay the ransom to get the decryption that can unlock your files. In real, this nasty threat will not unlock your files after receiving the payment. So you should not pay the ransom to this nasty threat. You are advised to remove [email protected] ransomware virus from your PC as early as possible.
Remove [email protected] From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected]
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.