Complete Information on 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner
64Kilences.exe CPU Miner is a Trojan threat which is used to mine Bitcoin, Monero, Ethereum and other digital currencies by using the resources of affected computers. It is a new variant of the previously-detected XMRig CPU Miner Trojan virus that appeared on the reports of anti-virus programs back in April 2017. Criminal hackers have abused the open-source nature of XMRig which was a legitimate project and then implemented it into their illicit activities. Since its detection i.e. April 2017, the XMRig CPU Miner Trojan received various updates and features several forks which includes the 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Trojan. Although, this cryptojacking virus is classified as a new release of XMRig variants.
How Does 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Work?
Affected system users reported about finding a process named onto their task manager, that hijacked more than 60% of the available computer processing power. While it is consider as inefficient to mine the cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Monero or Ethereum on single system, but it is proven profitable to use the network of machines running the same mining program. That's why, the developers of the 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner malware aim to infect as many computers as possible through the use of intrusive ads, spam email attachments, links to compromised web portals and bogus Java or Adobe Flash updates. Moreover, RMV security investigators have found that the malware is likely to install its malicious files onto the system's directory and then add an automated task to the PC's startup list. The task which is responsible for launching the 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner is reported to feature different name and run various unwanted processes in the system's background.
Malicious Consequences of 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner
Windows machines that have been affected by this mining malware may not respond to any commands as fast as before. As a result, you may experience application crashes. This Trojan threat uses a lot of system's processing power which leads to the increased electricity consumption and also increased temperature as well. Needless to say, running the 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner can prove harmful in the long run and then cause computer instability in prolonged usage. Besides, the legitimate GPU and CPU mining softwares have the same drawbacks. Therefore, cyber security professionals highly advise the system users that they need to approach this type of program cautiously. So, it is strongly recommended to delete 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Trojan immediately from infected devices.
Anti-virus Scanners Might Flag 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner as:
Manual 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner
How to View 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by 64Kilences.exe CPU Miner, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.