More Information on AiraCrop Ransomware
AiraCrop Ransomware virus is a member of Crysis family of encryption ransomware which is deployed to the users computer through traditional means of dispersal. The payload of this ransomware threat can be found as an attached files of the junk email that you may be suggested as been the official message from friends on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. The coders behind this AiraCrop Ransomware threat are using a Macro-enabled MS Word document in order to deliver their malicious program to the potential victims and encrypt their vital data and files. The Windows interprets the macro embedded onto the corrupted DOCX file as an instruction in order to connect to the remote malware server and download a file and then execute it without notifying the computer users.
Most complaints come from the server administrators that they need to deal with the files that have the ‘.airacropencrypted!’ extension and their servers are not working properly. The system security analysts suspect that the primary targets of AiraCrop Ransomware virus are the server administrators. Besides, there is a considerable efforts which put into making this ransomware threat to bypass the anti-virus scanners and the malware may be introduced to the server networks by malicious or corrupted plug-ins and the compromised Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connections. The samples of AiraCrop Ransomware threat reveal that the malware is especially programmed in order encode nearly one hundred and seventy types of files including:
Malicious Consequences of AiraCrop Ransomware
Unfortunately, the AiraCrop Ransomware virus can encrypt the archive files which means that backups stored as a ZIP, 7ZIP and RAR data containers may be damaged. For instance, ‘winter_photos.rar’ will be transcoded to the ‘winter_photos.rar_AiraCropEncrypted!’. As compared to the Taka Ransomware, AiraCrop malware is just as effective and the PC users need to be on their guard. Moreover, the successfully infiltration of this ransomware threat will result in the encryption of user vital files and data. Then after, a ransom note will be displayed on your computer screen as well. The ransom note used by AiraCrop Ransomware threat may be used as a ‘How to decrypt your files.txt’ and it placed on the system’s desktop. The ransom message behind this file is likely to say:
The developers of the AiraCrop Ransomware virus offer access to the custom payment website to their victims. Versions of this ransomware threat might require a different amount of the Bitcoins that are completely depending on the volume of data and information which is locked and the location of the computer. However, the malware researchers advise against making a payment of ransom money. Needless to say, that you shouldn’t comply with the demands of the cyber crooks which seeks to gather money from you. Any educated windows user and a good server administrator would have the backups on the removable media that can be easily accessed when the data corruption or encryption becomes an issue. So, you should use a trusted and powerful anti-virus program to remove AiraCrop Ransomware and all its versions that might run on your PC.
AiraCrop Ransomware Removal Info (Video Guide) – YouTube
Remove AiraCrop Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove AiraCrop Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove AiraCrop Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To AiraCrop Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find AiraCrop Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove AiraCrop Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove AiraCrop Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the AiraCrop Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the AiraCrop Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.