My system somehow got infected by AutoLocky Ransomware. This precarious infection has locked all my system files and data. I am unable to access any of my videos, audios, images, doc files or any thing else on my system. AutoLocky Ransomware is demanding ransom money to unlock my files. I have tried removing this threat but my anti-virus program is not able to delete this virus. How can I remove AutoLocky Ransomware and recover all my data? Is it safe to pay ransom? Can I get my files back after paying the ransom? Is there any way to remove AutoLocky Ransomware from my computer? Please help.
AutoLocky Ransomware is nasty file encrypting virus that can get into your machine without your permission and lock down all your files. This cunning malware infection can easily attack all versions of Windows computer system. Once installed on your machine, it will firstly scan your system for files and lock down every possible files on your system. It is able to encrypt jpg, png, cr2, bitmap, jpeg, mp4, mov, avi, mkv, mp3, doc, docx, pdf, xls, xlsx, csv, ppt, html, txt, asp, odt, ott, stw, sxw, rtt, xml and many other file formats. After encrypting your files, AutoLocky Ransomware will change their file extensions with .locky and also leave a ransom note on your desktop to explain about the encryption. It will ask you to pay the ransom to get the decryption key to unlock your data.
AutoLocky Ransomware is a dubious threat that normally get distributed via spam emails. You must not open any spam email from unknown sender that contain any attachment. It can also get downloaded bundled with free third party programs. So you must be careful while downloading any free program on your system. AutoLocky Ransomware is nasty virus created by cyber crooks to attack the targeted PC, take files on hostage and extort money from the user. It is not a good choice to pay ransom because it will not return your files. This nasty Ransomware normally delete files after encrypting them and create copy of your files. Your must have to completely remove this threat from your system and recover your data using backup or any data recovery software. Follow this guide to remove AutoLocky Ransomware virus easily from your computer.
How To Remove AutoLocky Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all AutoLocky Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out AutoLocky Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the AutoLocky Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.