Expert Analysis on Cerber 4.0 Ransomware :
Cerber 4.0 Ransomware is a new variant of Cerber ransomware which has been released a month after the Cerber 3.0. The new version is emerged in the early of October and appears as a highly popular among the all cyber criminals for user in the malvertising campaigns. In this variant three most used exploits kits are switched including Neutrino, Magnitude and RIG. This upgraded ransomware shifting the ransom note to .hta file format from html. It mainly targeted all devices that used in Asia such as Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China and Singapore. It represents the new and next generation of the Cerber ransomware. It automatically joins itself with other threats including Stampado ransomware and ORX-Locker ransomware which offered as a RaaS package.
The RaaS business was first of all pioneered by the Encryptor Ra-as in the early of 2015 and the developers of the ransomware want to share the market for the ransomware. It claims to boast various improvements compared to the previous version. This variant creates a unique file extension and bypass the all security mechanisms that employed by the modern anti-virus products. In this variant, an updated encryption engine is combined with the new layers of JS loader and obfuscation that ensures a hassle-free operation. Similar to other version of Cerber, it also encrypts your all stored files and makes them inaccessible. It automatically changed your desktop background image and leaves a ransom message on your desktop screen.
Recently, Cerber 4.0 Ransomware has been dropped by the RIG toolkit known as a PseudoDarkleeech. The another malvertising campaign is the Magnitude exploit kit. It can easily deployed to your PC via Spam-emails that loaded with the macro-enabled documents. Along with this, it can also drops its malicious code into your machine via hacked sites, infected devices, torrent files, online games, file sharing network and so on. All these are the most common distribution way that used by Cerber 4.0 Ransomware to intrudes into your PC.
After intruding into your PC, it will cause lots of serious damages to you. It makes your all data inaccessible and blocks you to access your PC normally. It automatically change your windows files and registry entries to corrupt your PC. Due to consuming more memory space, it automatically slows down your Computer performance speed. You can avoid your PC from this ransomware by creating a backups of your file and keeping your software up-to-date. But after taking prevention measures your PC is affected by it then you should get rid of Cerber 4.0 Ransomware as soon as possible from your compromised machine.
How To Remove Cerber 4.0 Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Cerber 4.0 Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Cerber 4.0 Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Cerber 4.0 Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.