DNS Unlocker is an adware program which intrudes in the PC bundled with freewares downloaded from unreliable sites. It claims to bypass censorship in countries that block users from accessing certain online content. You must know that DNS Unlocker can result extremely dangerous for the users and system. Initially, it will install fake extensions in the default web browsers. No matter you are using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. This program also carries ability to modify the DNS configurations and misleads the surfing session of the users to malicious sites of the third parties. It also makes promotion of the affiliate programs of third parties and tactics on users to purchase its free version. You should not ignore the existence of DNS Unlocker for long time in the PC.
The annoying part of DNS Unlocker is that it will flood your screen with unknown advertisements and once you click on its links, automatically a new tab will open up in the browser. It only misguides the users to malicious pages and and the in the meantime, it can install several additional programs. You will be shocked to know that its main aim is to boost the network traffic of malicious pages and help its creators to gain profits. Besides this, its worst impacts are responsible for damaging the system and its various functions. You will also find that most of the installed softwares will stop responding and you will not be able to update them. Hence, try to install DNS Unlocker quickly after detection.
Learn To Remove DNS Unlocker Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete DNS Unlocker Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of DNS Unlocker Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to DNS Unlocker related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from DNS Unlocker On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing DNS Unlocker from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.