I have used a Lenovo laptop and running with Windows 8 operating system. My laptop has been working very fine but yesterday when I scan my system using antivirus tools, I suddenly found GetNowUpdater on my system background. It is so irritating and unsafe program that keeps coming back on my system screen all times. Such type of fake application generates mass of insecure pop-up stuffs into my default web pages without my any permission or knowledge. Each time when I start surfing few web pages, GetNowUpdater stills appears in my browsers. What should do to remove this nasty infection ? Is there any effective guidelines to uninstall GetNowUpdater completely ?
GetNowUpdater is regarded as a notorious PUP that may inside the system without seeking any authorization of user. Sometimes, it may work as a legitimate application which claims to keeps up to date your installed software to the latest version. In first inspection, these related functionality are irrelevant and it usually promotes tons of endless pop-up adverts onto your web browsers. These annoying pop-ups adverts randomly popping up in several forms such as banner ads, transitional ads, coupon ads, video ads or other related formats. GetNowUpdater has ability to take control your reliable home page, new tab, host files, search provider or other crucial settings of web browsers without your consent.
These dropped advertisements are similar t o rogue or useless applications which are mostly distributed through shareware applications, click on spam email attachments, deceptive links, visiting undesirable websites or other suspicious methods. As long as GetNowUpdater gets invades your system, it changes your different start up utilities such as command prompt, desktop image, task manager, registry editor and some others. Such vicious program secretly gets attached with your Chrome, Mozilla Firefox browser as severe add-ons, extensions or plug-ins. GetNowUpdater is extremely major pop-up infection for your sensitive privacy and these pop-ups keeps coming out on your surfing history, search queries. Hence, it is highly advice you to uninstall GetNowUpdater from your system before it mess up your system.
Learn To Remove GetNowUpdater Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete GetNowUpdater Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of GetNowUpdater Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to GetNowUpdater related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from GetNowUpdater On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing GetNowUpdater from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.