Dept Analysis on Lock93 Ransomware
Lock93 Ransomware is a newly-emerged ransomware belong to the family of cryptovirus. The ransom notification which is displayed after file encryption process is completely can be written either in Russian language or in English. All encrypted system files will have the extension .lock93 which appended to them. The origin of the malware is unknown and its versatile ransom note proves that its target is not solely the Russia. To see how to delete this ransomware and how you can try to recover your files and data, carefully read the article.
Spreading Methods of Lock93 Ransomware
Lock93 Ransomware threat can infect your system by using a few deceptive methods. Junk email campaigns could be spreading the ransomware payload files. An electronic letter of the spam campaign is written in a way in order to make you think that it is important along with its attachment. But in reality, the attached file on spam mail will look exactly like it is presented, in fact, it contain malicious codes. Opening and clicking on the attachment will release that harmful code from the file and infect your PC.
Technical Information on Lock93 Ransomware
The system security analysts from MalwareHunterTeam have recently found the new ransomware threat. They have named it Lock93 Ransomware after the extension that it puts to all encrypted files. The ransom note is also a lock screen which contains instructions for paying ransom fee. After the it executes its payload, the malware could make entries in Windows Registry to be more resilient. Although, such registry entries are made in a way in order to make the threat launch automatically every time when the Windows OS starts.
What follows is that your important system files get encrypted, and then the lock PC screen with the ransom notification shows up on your computer’s desktop. The ransom note is written either in Russian language or in English. It may depend on what language you have set as a default one on your machine or where you got the ransomware virus from. Lock93 Ransomware threat uses the email address [email protected] as a contact medium in both ransom messages. That does not necessarily mean that the ransomware virus originates from Russia, but it seems logical to be the case.
Furthermore, Lock93 Ransomware doesn’t give you any deadline to decrypt the files and data and demands 1000 Russian rubles as a ransom money and the amount equals to $16. However, you should not be thinking of paying the hackers, regardless of how small the demanded ransom money is, because no one can guarantee that you will recover your files after the payment. Con artists such as these use the money for making other noxious ransomware viruses or to fund other hackers actions. A full list with system file types that become encrypted is currently unavailable, but following ones have been recorded to be encrypted:
.xlsx, .xml, .png, .doc, .odt, .pdf, .docx, .jpeg, .xlm, .xls, .jpg, .ppt, .html, .xll, .pptx, .psd, .rtf
All encrypted PC files will have the .lock93 extension appended to them, just after the original file extension. Although, it is unknown that what type of encryption algorithm is being used by Lock93 Ransomware, but the security researchers believe that it can be decrypted. The threat is likely to erase Shadow Volume Copies of Windows OS with following command:
vssadmin.exe delete shadows /all /Quiet
Read further in order to check out what methods you can remove Lock93 Ransomware and try to decrypt your locked computer files and data.
Effective Removal Video Guide For Lock93 Ransomware
How To Remove Lock93 Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Lock93 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Lock93 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Lock93 Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Lock93 Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Lock93 Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Lock93 Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Lock93 Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Lock93 Ransomware related programs.
Remove Lock93 Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Lock93 Ransomware related entries.
Remove Lock93 Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Lock93 Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Lock93 Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.