My system has been infected with Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus. When I start my system, it shows a warning alerts I.e. “Your computer has been locked”. It displays that I have done something illegal which is against the law of the country thats why I am getting such alerts. It asks me to pay some amount of money to unlock the system. Could you please help me to remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus from the system? How can I protect my PC from its worst impacts? Thanks in advance.
What is Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus?
Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus is a ransomware which can secretly penetrate in the system without any consent. Once gets installed, it will lock the screen and stop all the program execution of the PC. Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus will show a message that “Your Computer has been blocked”. Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus claims that your IP address has been detected in illegal activities which is against the law of the country. It will say that you have send spam emails, distributed copyright contents, watched pornographic materials etc. It uses the name of police institutions to frighten the users and asks them to pay the ransom amount of £100 via Ukash within 48 hours. It also says that if you will make delay in payment then legal action can also be taken and user will be sent to prison. You should not trust any of the alerts displayed by Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus.
You need to be aware that Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus is only a scam of the third party hackers. In reality, police does not uses such way to collect fine from the users. It is only a trick of the hackers to earn illegal profits by fooling the users. After getting such types of alerts, many users proceed to make payment. But you should know that even sending the amount will never help you. It can result dangerous for the personal identity of the users. Hence, you should try to remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus quickly after detection in the system.
Why Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus is Dangerous?
- It have capability to gain full control of the system.
- It tries to pretend itself genuine and then demands ransom amount.
- This ransomware will disable system securities, task manager or even the pop ups in the safe mode.
- Can connect your PC to IRC servers in order to bypass the credential data.
- You will not be able to perform any activity in the system.
Why Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus is showing alerts when I haven't done anything illegal?
Actually, Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus is a tricky ransomware which have capability to disable the working of security tools. Its only aim is to help its creators for earning illegal profits by fooling the innocent users. Generally, it comes when the user click on the suspicious links, access spam emails, download freewares etc. Once gets installed, it will show warning alerts in order to earn revenue.
Remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.