My Symptom Checker : Labeled As a Potentially Unwanted Program
My Symptom Checker is another term categorized by security analysts under the Potentially Unwanted Program category. Although, it pretends itself as a helpful and essential Google Chrome extension. This program claims user for free online symptom checker so that people can easily know about the infection from which they infected. It is promoted via an attractive and legitimate slogan 'All the Medical Symptom Information You Need is Here!'. Before knowing more about My Symptom Checker take a closer look at it's interface.
List of Features Claimed By My Symptom Checker
At the first sight, My Symptom Checker is really looks as a helpful program that claims to offer several beneficial features including :
- Symptom Checker – It claims to check and find out the peoples medial symptoms quickly.
- Common Symptoms – The developers of such a program claims to find out the common symptoms and treatments together to get the better results.
- Common Topics – Here, you can view the list of all common medical topics and detail about the trusted research.
- Medications – This program claims you to find out the supplements and drugs that will help you to improve your symptoms.
- Food – For your better self, you can find out the healthy recipes and the diet programs.
- Fitness – It also claims to get fitness tips, workouts and programs online and many more.
Is My Symptom Checker Really Legitimate One?
Judged on it's appearances and it's promises, most of the Computer users easily tricked by it and agreed to download and install such a program but it is really not a wise decision because actually it is type of potentially unwanted program that gets installed into the Windows PC silently via bundling method, spam campaigns, pirated software, gambling site etc and cause serious issues. In reality, this program is not going to deliver you any beneficial feature as it claimed. Being a nasty and dubious potentially unwanted program, it will cause several issues inside your PC, some of the most common negative impacts are listed below :
- Slows down System performance speed by eating up too much resources and space.
- Modifies entire browser settings without users awareness and prevent them from revert them.
- Replaces existing or default homepage with it's partnered site.
- Traces browsing activities and collects user's all personal data.
- Brings several malicious threat inside PC after opening PC backdoor.
Learn To Remove My Symptom Checker Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete My Symptom Checker Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of My Symptom Checker Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to My Symptom Checker related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from My Symptom Checker On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing My Symptom Checker from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.