myTV Search Plus Extension : Threat’s Summary
|Name||myTV Search Plus Extension|
|Description||myTV Search Plus Extension is able to make changes in your default browser settings and replace the pre-set search provider with its own dubious one.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download myTV Search Plus Extension Scanner to confirm the attack of myTV Search Plus Extension virus.|
Get More Details on myTV Search Plus Extension
According to the security experts, myTV Search Plus Extension is a potentially unwanted program which spreads with the help of bundled in various cost-free applications. At the time of writing this article, it mainly infects the popular Google Chrome browser. In case, if you have downloaded and installed this Chrome extension on your machine unknowingly, then it might be possible that your machine get infected with other sorts of adware infections as well. The main issue related with this threat is that myTV Search Plus Extension alters the default search engine, home page and new tab page address with unfamiliar tv.searchalgo.com domain which is identified as a suspicious search tool.
As a result, you might start receiving plenty of annoying advertisements and pop-ups on your system screen at the time of visiting any desired web portals. What's more, the redirect tendency of this infection also consider as a major factor for its immediate removal. Besides, myTV Search Plus Extension can reroute users to mytv.tvnoop.com website without asking their permission. However, cyber security analysts at RMV want to warn you that no matter how attractive its redirected websites may look, refrain from clicking on any ads or links displays onto it .Although, these adverts are especially designed by the cyber crooks to draw your attention and mislead you into clicking on them.
Why you should remove myTV Search Plus Extension?
Furthermore, this adware has the ability to gather both personally identifiable and non-personal data from your system. However, every links or ads displayed by myTV Search Plus Extension are not malicious or even hazardous, but some of them can lead you to unsafe domains. For instance, it might reroute you to the website that suggest installed software updates, free applications and other similar content. Such web portals may look reliable and very entertaining which do not arouse any kind of suspicion into the mind of targeted users at all.
However, it is important for you to avoid downloading any programs suggested on the sites redirected by myTV Search Plus Extension. Such type of dubious web portals only advertises rogue or fake softwares. In worst case scenario, you might end up equipped with other destructive viruses. In order to protect your machine from any hazardous, you need to eliminate this adware from your computer as quickly as possible. The best way to get rid of such threats is to launch a reputed anti-spyware scanner that can detect and remove the threat automatically from your PC.
Learn To Remove myTV Search Plus Extension Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete myTV Search Plus Extension Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of myTV Search Plus Extension Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to myTV Search Plus Extension related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from myTV Search Plus Extension On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing myTV Search Plus Extension from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.