Hey! I am using Chrome as my default browser and it is has been controlled by PUP.Book Source. Now I am constantly getting ads on the browser. It has degraded my computer's performance adversely. I have tried everything to remove this but it has failed my all attempt. Can you guide me to fix PUP.Book Source completely from PC. Please help me out!
More Description PUP.Book Source
PUP.Book Source has been classified as adware program which easily get chance to enter on the PC if you click some spam emails, download freeware application and while you visit some malicious website etc. It has been crafted by cyber criminals to display many advertisement on the browser. It displays various type of advertisement like banner, coupon, offer and so on such advertisement to shop its bogus deals. It will convince you to purchase its deals no matter whether you are interested or not. It serves only one purpose to generate revenue anyhow convincing users to click on the sponsored link.
Once PUP.Book Source intrudes into the PC, It will hijack your all browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Safari etc and displays its unwanted advertisement that can be quite annoying as it interrupts your surfing sessions. It degrades your PC gradually. It can redirect you to another websites which are full of spam content which one does not intend for. It is able to track your some vital information such as IP address, browsing history etc to its vendor for getting benefit. So, it is very important to uninstall PUP.Book Source from PC as soon as possible.
Learn To Remove PUP.Book Source Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PUP.Book Source Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PUP.Book Source Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PUP.Book Source related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PUP.Book Source On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PUP.Book Source from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.