If you are one of the victim of RAA Ransomware and looking for the best way to get rid of it then your search is over. This page will provide you complete details about the ransomware. You will also learn the best and easiest removal guidelines. You should try to follow the instructions carefully.
Description About RAA Ransomware:-
File Formats Encrypted By RAA Ransomware:-
.PSB, .PSD, .ZIP, .RAR, .7ZIP, .JPEG, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .DOCX, .DOC, .PPT, .PPTX, .XLSX, .XLS, .CSV, .PDF, .PBM, .TIFF, .OTP, .ODF, .ODB, .RTF.
Does RAA Ransomware Damage The Files?
You have definitely heard that some malwares can steal, corrupt or deletes the data which were stored in the system but RAA Ransomware does not do that. It makes use of strong algorithms to encrypt all types of data which were stored in the system. It prevent the data and does not allow the users to access them. This encryption changes the actual content of the files on symbols which is quite complex to read. You will detect all the encrypted files in the PC but an error message will appear on the screen when you will try to view them.
Is it safe to pay money to RAA Ransomware?
RAA Ransomware claims to decrypt the files once you make payment but it is not true. Users are not advised to send the money to the given address. It is only a trick used by the third party hackers to make illegal profits. You can call it a “business” scheme of the hackers. In fact, paying the money will not help you. In such a case, you will not only loose your important documents but also money. If you detected RAA Ransomware in your system then you should try to remove it quickly instead of trusting its alerts and making payment.
Remove RAA Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove RAA Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove RAA Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To RAA Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find RAA Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove RAA Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove RAA Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the RAA Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the RAA Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.