My Windows PC has been infected with Spymel. After researching on the web, I came to know that it is a password stealing trojan which should not be allowed to stay for long time in the system. I used my antivirus program to detect the threat but it is unable to remove the trojan permanently. Things are getting worst day-by-day in which I am unable to work normally on the system. If you have any idea about Spymel then please help me to remove its presence permanently from the PC. All the advice will be highly appreciated.
Spymel carries ability to download bundles of malignant threats in the system to exploit its vulnerabilities. Even more, its harmful impacts can also harm the PC securities and does not allow the users to install the latest version. Whats worse, it is designed in such a way which can easily track the online session of the users and bypass them to the remote location servers. In its existence, you will notice weird behavior of the system in which you will not be able to perform a single activity on time. Hence, it is strongly recommended to the users to remove Spymel immediately if it is available in your PC otherwise you have to pay heavy penalty in future.
How to Remove Spymel from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Spymel from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Spymel using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Spymel
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Spymel.
Step3: How to Uninstall Spymel from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Spymel and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Spymel and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Spymel and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Spymel and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Spymel Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Spymel to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Spymel named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Spymel entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Spymel, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.