What is Taka Ransomware?
Taka Ransomware is a new variant of file encrypting infection that belongs to the ransomware family. It uses .xxx extension to encrypt your all stored files. The sign of the infiltration of this ransomware into your PC is that your all files will be encrypted by some unknown and weird extension. After encrypting files, it opened a windows screen on your PC with the information for you. The windows can be easily closed by you but it will automatically opened again and again when you login to the Windows PC because it creates a enc task into the Task scheduler.
Similar to other variant of Ransomware, Taka Ransomware is also developed by cyber hackers to gain profit from you by performing several illegal activities. Once Taka Ransomware successfully intrudes into your PC, it will encrypts your all files and leaves a ransom note with .txt file help_dcgile.txt. The cost of the .txt file which is known as the decryption tool is 0.5 Bitcoin means approx $300. Even though it seems that the only way to unlock all files by paying the amount of ransom money to cyber criminals. But you should know that there are no any guarantee that you will get the decryptor tool after paying the ransom money.
Intrusion Method of Taka Ransomware
Like other ransomware infection, Taka Ransomware also intrudes into your PC secretly without your approval. It usually comes as an attachments of Spam-emails and Junk mail attachments. To make System user fool into believing that the attachment is harmless, notorious files usually consists the icon of Java. Once you open any such an attachment, then an executable file of Taka Ransomware is dropped into your PC like %PROGRAMFILES(x86%) with an unknown name. So it is advised by security expert that you should not open such a mail attachment that used by cyber hackers. In order to keep data and PC safe for future, you should install a well reputable security tool on your PC. Fortunately, this variant of ransomware does not block any system Desktop and utilities, so you need to delete Taka Ransomware as quickly you can after getting any symptoms of it.
Common Symptoms of Taka Ransomware
After intruding into your PC, first of all it will encrypt your all files by adding weird extension. So that you cannot easily access your file without paying ransom money. Then after it leaves a ransom note on your desktop screen and change the wallpaper of your desktop. Due to consuming more memory space and System resources, it automatically slows down your System and Internet performance speed. It automatically alters System and browser settings to corrupts your windows files. It is very harmful for your PC. Besides this, it gathers your all crucial data and send them to remote hackers for illegal purposes. To avoid PC from further damages, it is very necessary to get rid of Taka Ransomware as soon as possible.
Remove Taka Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Taka Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Taka Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Taka Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Taka Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Taka Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Taka Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Taka Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Taka Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.