Last night, my windows computer was running well. I was running an application program on it. All of a sudden, my system got stuck and I don't find the reason behind it. I performed system scan with antivirus software and detected a harmful trojan threat with the name of Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool. I don't know much about this infection but it seems to be destructive. Due to some reason, antivirus software is not capable to delete this bug. I am too much tired due to its annoying activities and don't know what to do next. Friends, please suggest me any effective removal technique to get rid of this creepy threat immediately without any severe loss. Thanks in advance!
Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool is one of the most destructive and harmful trojan threat which slips into compromised machine very silently and without seeking for any permission. It usually gets added into the background of the affected computer and runs several evil processes. The nasty trojan threat disables all the security programs to prevents itself from being detected. Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool copies its file name with with the genuine files of the PC and causes confusion while the process of removal. It is a very dangerous threat which infects several data files, folders etc. and after some time you may find all of them deleted including important documents. Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool when gets activated, it stops execution of installed application programs and hampers functioning of the compromised machine. The malicious trojan is very risky that may bring great corruption into the victimized computer.
To be more specific, Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool corrupts Windows Registry Editor, inserts malicious extensions and also mixes up its suspicious code into the PC boot section. It is capable to put your privacy at high risk and reveals all your confidential informations as well as banking credentials in-front of the cyber crooks. Later, you will notice that your all valuable materials are being utilized for illegal purpose which undoubtedly makes you the victim of identity theft and financial theft. So, you must be alert when detect Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool inside your Windows computer. Here, our security experts recommends to download Automatic Removal Tool and remove such kind of malicious threat immediately when detected inside the system.
How to Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.Agent/Gen-FraudTool, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.