Have you detected Trojan-Skelky in your system? Are you completely fed up with its malicious activities? Are you experiencing extremely sluggish speed of all the basic functions of the PC? Does the threat has corrupted your important documents or files? If you are facing all these problems then definitely your PC is infected with Trojan. Don't worry, read the given post carefully to learn the easiest removal guidelines of Trojan-Skelky in order to prevent the system from future troubles.
Trojan-Skelky is a harmful Trojan infection which has been created by the cyber crooks. It is spread over the web and takes benefit to penetrate in the PC when user clicks on the suspicious links or visit infected sites. Trojan-Skelky works for its creators and helps them to log in the compromised PC even without the correct password. It allows the hackers for unauthorized access of your personal documents, email Id, or files which were stored in the PC. Whats worse, it carries ability to monitor the users activities and record all the financial details related to the bank account number, passwords, login Id, credit card information etc. Thus, you should not ignore the presence of Trojan-Skelky for long time in the PC.
Besides this, Trojan-Skelky also posses worst impacts on the system performance. However, its infection length varies in different system but it takes huge space in the memory. When you will attempt to install new applications then it will generate the message of low disk space. Its existence can also affect the working of other installed programs including security tools. This threat is capable to corrupt the stored documents and registry entries by adding suspicious codes or payloads. So, you should try to remove Trojan-Skelky in the early phase after detection.
Why You Should Remove Trojan-Skelky?
- Increases the CPU usage by creating bogus processes.
- Disables Windows Firewall alert.
- Creates unwanted files, folders, icons or shortcuts at different locations of the PC.
- Slow down the performance speed of the system.
- Bypass the financial details of the users to the third party servers.
- Generates lots of warning alerts when you will try to perform any work.
Steps to Remove Trojan-Skelky
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan-Skelky
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan-Skelky
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan-Skelky and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan-Skelky
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan-Skelky and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan-Skelky. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan-Skelky related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan-Skelky, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan-Skelky Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan-Skelky Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan-Skelky and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan-Skelky Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan-Skelky and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan-Skelky Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan-Skelky, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!