Yesterday night, I got an warning message stating Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena infection. Since that time, I am unable even to access any of my saved files and documents. When ever I click to open any file always end up with an alert message stating you cannot access this file. I don’t want to lose my valuable data, please help me in making my system free from Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena infection. Thanks in Advance!!
Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena is recognized as a risky and infectious trojan horse that usually target Windows based machine. This infectious threat secretly get added and start executing lots of illegal activities to make machine completely non responsive. Once added, Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena will mix up its corrupt registries in Windows Registry Editor and will even make inactive all the active and running processes as well. It is created by evil hackers along with the main motive to gather all your saved information including banking details. Later on, they use all those saved data in making illegal money. This infectious threat will bring changes in essential system’s settings and will even turn off firewalls along with the only motive to allow numerous other infectious threat. Hence, it is recommended to immediately remove Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena and thus make system again inaccessible.
Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena will add up its sneaky code in the boot section aiming to get reloaded every time when ever PC get restarted. It will never let you freely access your computer rather always make you irritated by executing lots of malicious activities. This nasty threat will make your machine vulnerable so that it can allow numerous other malicious threat invading your system. Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena will degrade system’s performance and will bring changes in its entire appearance as well. What’s more, it will redirect your commonly used search browsers like Mozilla, Chrome, IE and Safari results to completely unknown and infectious websites. In order to make system again accessible, we recommend you to instantly delete Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena from your Windows PC.
Steps to Remove Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.Gena, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!