Get More Knowledge on Versiegelt Ransomware
Versiegelt Ransomware seems to be a German variant of Jigsaw ransomware cryptovirus. All the encrypted system files will have extension .versiegelt appends to them. The threat doesn't seem to have any particular theme as the past variants do. The ransom amount which is demanded by the criminal hackers for decryption of files is 100 euros. In order to see how to delete this ransomware and how to recover decrypted files, read the post to the end.
Distribution Method of Versiegelt Ransomware
The malware could penetrate your system's defenses in numerous ways. The payload file could be distributed with the help of junk emails. Those mails are made in such a way that may sound valuable and try to trick you into opening the document or files attached to them. If you rush and open attachment, then the malicious script inside it will be immediately executed. Then after, your system will get infected with Versiegelt Ransomware nasty threat. An example of such a harmful file can be observed on VirusTotal site:
Depth Analysis on Versiegelt Ransomware
This cryptovirus ransomware seems to be a German version of popular Jigsaw ransomware. Although, it does not have a specific theme to it, just like other variants of ransomware do. The threat will encrypt your computer files and then place a weird extension .versiegelt onto every one of them. Also a lock screen will appear, just after the encryption procedure is completed, with the ransom payment instructions written in German language. Versiegelt Ransomware virus can create entries in windows registry when its harmful payload gets executed, in order to accomplish resilience.
In case, these malicious registry entries are set right and active the malware will launch automatically with the booting of Windows OS. Afterward, your computer files will get encrypted and the ransom note will display on your desktop screen. In the ransom notification, a QR code is present for the quick accessibility. The ransom message written in German language. Moreover, a Bitcoin address is provided to you with demand of paying 100 euros in Bitcoin currency. As past iterations of ransomware encrypted files were decryptable, so it is highly possible that this one is too. In any circumstances, you should not think of paying con artists and no one will guarantee you that by paying ransom fee, you'll restore your PC files. Therefore, Versiegelt Ransomware should be eliminate from the computer as early as possible.
A Complete Video Guide To Get Rid of Versiegelt Ransomware
A: How To Remove Versiegelt Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Versiegelt Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Versiegelt Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Versiegelt Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Versiegelt Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Versiegelt Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Versiegelt Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Versiegelt Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Versiegelt Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.