VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX is classified as Trojan infection which uses several methods to lure in the the targeted PC such as P2P file sharing, with free downloads, opening spam email attachments, using infected removable devices etc. Once VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX gets installed in the PC, you will detect its weird behavior and difficulty in normal working. Initially, it performs changes in the privacy settings and disables all the security programs such as antivirus or Windows Firewall. This threat can hide its existence internally by changing the file names which is difficult for the users to detect its presence. Its ill-effects can leads the system to extremely critical situations, so you should not allow it to stay for long time.
Generally, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX attacks different versions of Windows based PC which belongs to the family of Win32/Obfuscator. Its geographical distribution is high which has damaged millions of the system across the world. This threat also brings malicious codes or payloads to modify the entries of Windows Registry Editor. It can automatically execute itself and works from the background when you boot the system. It is capable to create several fake processes in the task manager when all the programs are closed. This can directly affect the speed of all the basic functions of the PC such as start up, shut down, opening files, playing games, installing applications, Internet connection etc. So, try to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX immediately if it is available in your PC.
Apart from harming the PC, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX can also results dangerous for your personal identity. It is designed by the cyber crooks in such a way which can secretly track your online session and records the keystrokes using a keylogger when you type any sensitive information such as bank account number, credit card details, passwords, Geo-location etc. Whats more, it can bypass these data to the remote location servers. It is also possible that this threat will connect the compromised PC to servers and allows its creators for unauthorized access of your personal data. Hence, you need to scan your PC now and if VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX is available then remove it permanently without wasting a single moment.
Steps to Remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX Running Processes.
- Right Click on VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ANX, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!