These days, computer connected to internet are at great risk because cyber criminals are always ready to gather all your non sharable information. There are numerous PC threat that are always ready to get added into your compromised system and then after execute lots of illegal activities to make it vulnerable. Win32:Rootkit-gen is one among those malware that is identified as notorious Trojan horse. If you are one among those user, facing troubles due to Win32:Rootkit-gen infection. Well, don't panic as here you will get to know detailed knowledge related to how to get rid of Win32:Rootkit-gen malware.
Win32:Rootkit-gen is one among risky and infectious Trojan horse that silently get entered and bring changes in entire system settings and its appearance as well. This nasty threat is designed by evil hackers mainly to gather up confidential and non sharable information by tracking online activities. Win32:Rootkit-gen will start adding corrupt registries in Registry Editor and will even block all the running applications as well. This sneaky threat will allow numerous other infectious threat easily invading your machine and then after execute lots of illegal activities to degrade its performance. Win32:Rootkit-gen will mix up its malicious code in the start up section along with the only motive to get reloaded when ever PC get restarted. What's more severe, it will bring changes in security settings and will even turn off firewalls aiming to open a back side gate for other risky malware. Therefore, it is advised to instantly remove Win32:Rootkit-gen and thus make system again accessible.
Win32:Rootkit-gen may uses numerous tactics to remain hidden deep inside your machine as well avoid being detected by security programs. It will make disable all your essential system settings without prior notifications as well create lots of unusual files and folders all over your machine mainly to eat up system resources. Win32:Rootkit-gen will bring changes in system's appearance and will even modify your desktop back ground without your consent. Hence, we recommend user to take immediate action against Win32:Rootkit-gen infection.
Steps to Remove Win32:Rootkit-gen
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Win32:Rootkit-gen
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Win32:Rootkit-gen
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Win32:Rootkit-gen and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Win32:Rootkit-gen
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Win32:Rootkit-gen and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Win32:Rootkit-gen. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Win32:Rootkit-gen related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Win32:Rootkit-gen, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Win32:Rootkit-gen Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Win32:Rootkit-gen Running Processes.
- Right Click on Win32:Rootkit-gen and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Win32:Rootkit-gen Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Win32:Rootkit-gen and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Win32:Rootkit-gen Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Win32:Rootkit-gen, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!