Windows Warning Alert – Reported As Fake Pop-up
If you are getting Windows Warning Alert on your PC continuously then it is clear that your PC is infected. This fake alert pretends to be genuine by using the logo of Microsoft but actually it is just a fake pop-up designed by the team of cyber hackers with sole intention to earn money illegally. See what is the text presented within the Windows Warning Alert pop-up :
What is the motive of Windows Warning Alert?
Such a pop-up states that a threat has been detected or your PC is in dangerous situation. To eliminate malicious threat or fix such an issue, victim's must contact with the certified technicians through the provided toll-free number (1-877-804-5390). But before calling on the provided number you have to know that it is just a fake designed by cyber hacker to scare and trick you into calling and paying for the unnecessary and unneeded services. In order to trick innocent user it generates endless pop-up, coupon, banner and other advertisements using the virtual layer that enables the placement of the third-party graphical content. Thus, you should be very cautious and do not click on any suspicious ads or links.
What happens when you call on the provided number?
Calling on the provided number is only encouraged innocent user to promote their evil intention. When you call on 1-877-804-5390, they will ask for your all valuable data such as IP address, username, password, bank account details, debit or credit card details etc. It has the ability to collect your all sensitive data and then after sell them for commercial purposes. To keep your valuable data safe for long time, you should delete Windows Warning Alert from your infected PC rather than making a deal with remote hackers.
What are the features of Windows Warning Alert?
- Pretends to comes from the legitimate Microsoft Help and Support services.
- It has the ability to hijack your all installed browser.
- Cause web redirection of browser to the other suspicious sites.
- Displays several misleading fake ads and alters on the machine.
- Tracks your browsing history, online services and other activities to collect your vital information.
How do Windows Warning Alert occupy Systems?
Windows Warning Alert is actually caused by an adware program and it attack Windows PC as the same manner as other adware attacks. Creators of such a fake pop-up uses deceptive marketing strategy known as bundling method to attack PC. Bundling method is basically an undercover installation of the third-party applications or programs along with the legitimate ones. The developers of such a pop-up know very well that users carelessly perform the download or installation processes and skip the most of steps. System users who carelessly skip the Custom/Advanced settings section often ends up installing such a rogues applications.
Step:1 Remove Windows Warning Alert or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Windows Warning Alert or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Windows Warning Alert or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Windows Warning Alert
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Windows Warning Alert from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Windows Warning Alert
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Windows Warning Alert will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Windows Warning Alert
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Windows Warning Alert in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Windows Warning Alert
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Windows Warning Alert while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Windows Warning Alert Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Windows Warning Alert
How to Block Windows Warning Alert Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Windows Warning Alert exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Windows Warning Alert Removal