Hi friend what is helling on my PC, many unwanted pop-ups has occurred on browser. It is all happening from where I have found DownloadHunter on my PC. Really it is so nasty. How can I delete it can someone suggest me? please help me out! Thanks.
What is DownloadHunter?
If your are seeing many pop-ups on your browser then sure your computer is infected with DownloadHunter that has categorized as adware program. It is considered so nasty and stubborn adware program that will generally display a lot of pop-ups ads, advertise, banner, coupons and online shopping discount offer to generate revenue from you. It has been crafted by cyber criminals to harm you all users computer all over world to get profit. There are many way how it gets installed in to your computer such as while you download freeware application like videos, audios, game etc, via spam emails, shareware and when you visit some website without checking.
Once after getting installed DownloadHunter, it will irritate bombarding with many unwanted ads on your browser and keep you redirected to malicious website. It will create many complex issue for you. It can change your browser and homepage and search engine in its default way without your asking approval. It is able drop other infection on your computer and it can slow down your PC speed in very poor performance. It may collect your sensitive information such as password, login ID and commercial information to transfer to the cyber criminals that can access into your computer to get illegal profit. So, without losing your time you should Uninstall DownloadHunter from the computer.
Learn To Remove DownloadHunter Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete DownloadHunter Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of DownloadHunter Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to DownloadHunter related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from DownloadHunter On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing DownloadHunter from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.