Browserhome.net is a fake search engine which is put under browser hijacker category. However, it is considered as dangerous browser hijacker since it leads to changed home page and search engine without seeking your permission. Affected browser's home page and new tab will be replaced and display completely unknown search engine. No matter whatever browser you have on your system such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and so on, it is able to infect them all. Windows computer system is an easy target for browser hijacker including all its versions. When it comes to its appearance, this fake search engine looks exactly like a real search engine with a search box and direct access to some popular social websites like facebook, amazon, Youtube, linkedin. It also provides weather report, your daily horoscope,
Most common way to spread this hijacker virus is via third-party applications. It comes with such programs that are not known to many users. However, due to the strong marketing technique implemented by malware creators, victims are easily enticed to download freeware that are bundled along with Browserhome.net hijacker. It gets installed into the computer as an add-on or extension also. However, you can also get this malware into your system through hacked web page, updating softwares via redirected links, clicking spam emails or junk attachments and many other tricky ways. Once configured properly on your PC, it starts to make changes in the browser settings.
New Tabs of either Chrome or Firefox or whatever browser you use also start with Browserhome.net web page. Home page was designed only to promote a product or web site of third party business. Moreover, there are security risks involved when browser hijacker downloads and install a program without your knowledge. It is mainly focused on making illegal profits by poisoning your search results. This browser hijacker is not at all aimed to help you or enhance your web browsing experience. Its basic goal is to drive more and more web traffic on the partner websites to earn more commission for its creators. This nasty threat completely disgraces your web browsing. Hence, you need to remove Browserhome.net from your web browsers. Removal can be perform either manually or automatically. Both ways are effective and easy. However, automatic method does not require human skills where as manual method requires.
Manual Steps to Remove Browserhome.net From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Browserhome.net related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Browserhome.net completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Browserhome.net related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Browserhome.net and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Browserhome.net
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Browserhome.net related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Browserhome.net related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Browserhome.net related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Browserhome.net related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Browserhome.net from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.