If messages like Something Went Wrong With Your Windows has been appeared on your desktop then it might be possible that your system might got infected with an adware infection. It may be dubious program that installed on your system and start doing some dubious works that can take your PC out of order and unresponsive. So you should try to remove it ASAP from your PC. You can follow the below given removal guide that will assist you to how to perform. Follow it carefully.
Detailed information on Something Went Wrong With Your Windows
Malicious programmers always try something new to tricks the users into their nets of scams or phishing campaigns. Something Went Wrong With Your Windows program is yet another attempt of the dubious cyber criminals to cheat the users by sending this kind of severe fake error message to their systems to terrify them and then after convince them to take help from the technical support executives to fix the issue and pay some money as a service charge. It also gives some of the toll free phone numbers to call upon such as “1-855-743-2697” these to take assistance to fix PC error. The mentioned error messages may be displayed by a deceptive website which has been suddenly open on your system when you accidentally click on some adverts which is showing on your opened webpages.
Something Went Wrong With Your Windows also brought huge number of pop-ups or adverts on every website you opened on your desktop and lure you to click on them to redirect you on scam or phishing sites. This kind of fake error messages programs were created by the hacker to achieve money from the users to cheat them by showing fake system errors to take tech supports from them. When a user can call on the specified number then a person from the hackers group receive it and instruct the user to fix the error and charged an amount instead of do it. This type of unwanted programs may comes along with the installers of freeware, spam emails infected attachments, suspicious downloads, visit of unsafe sites or from click on the intrusive adverts. So you should not call on the given numbers and use a powerful anti-malware to remove Something Went Wrong With Your Windows from your system.
An Effective Tutorial Video Guide To Remove Something Went Wrong With Your Windows
Learn To Remove Something Went Wrong With Your Windows Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Something Went Wrong With Your Windows Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Something Went Wrong With Your Windows Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Something Went Wrong With Your Windows related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Something Went Wrong With Your Windows On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Something Went Wrong With Your Windows from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.