Last night, I downloaded a video from the Internet and got a bunch of useless program on my computer. I removed and uninstalled all unwanted programs but CoolLinks Ads still pop-up when I use my Google Chrome web browser. This is really very annoying for me. I don't want to download any antivirus tool or anything of the sort. I just want to do everything myself and therefore I don't do any risky download at all for this matter. Can you please suggest me an effective way to get rid of it from my PC..??
Brief Description on CoolLinks Ads
CoolLinks Ads is a typical adware program that delivers commercial ads on you computer screen. There are various ways from which this adware can infiltrate onto your machine, for instance, it uses web browser vulnerabilities to infects your system. This threat masquerades as an useful program and then lures you install it. Sometimes, this adware can also lurk in the malicious torrents and spam email attachments. Thus, you must have to be careful during your online activities. It is not a virus but it is not a good program either. Its main target is to display many advertisements on your system that definitely do not represent any valuable information.
Once successfully installed, it takes over your web browser. Everytime when you browse the Internet, it will display all types pop-up ads on your screen. Your browsing experience will be seriously affected by these ads. You definitely should stay away from clicking on any of these ads, since you may be permanently brought to different unsafe places on the Internet. Because of this adware program, your system may start freezing deeply and your web browser may even crash from time to time. Although, if you don't want to suffer from more damages caused by this adware threat, you'd better to remove CoolLinks Ads from your computer as quick as possible and don't wait until it is too late.
Disturbing properties of CoolLinks Ads
Takes over your Internet browsers.
Keep displaying unwanted pop-up ads.
Slows down the speed of your Internet connection.
Degrades the performance of your system.
Antivirus program can not remove it from your PC.
Some of the system programs didn't respond well.
Show thousand of useless ads based on your preferences.
Because of CoolLinks Ads, your PC may start freezing.
Your web browser may even crash.
Learn To Remove CoolLinks Ads Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete CoolLinks Ads Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of CoolLinks Ads Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to CoolLinks Ads related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from CoolLinks Ads On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing CoolLinks Ads from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.