Friends do you known about WhatsappTime ? It get installed in my PC few days before and now creating problem by deploying various messages on screen? The functioning of the browser also get affected by it, as I supposed. If it really a useless program then let me know how do I remove it. Suggestion will be appreciated.
WhatsappTime is considered as potentially unwanted program and is very much identical to MessengerTime. This pup provide feature to the user to use Facebook chat simultaneously on multiple devices. Among us few user think that it is a legitimate but the face it not so, its a third part software and have not association with Facebook. This software is placed under PUP because of its rogue behavior (stealth installation in PC without user authentication, deployment of intrusive ads and tracking of Internet browsing activity). As WhatsappTime harmful software comes in PC employs 'Virtual layer' with the aim to deploy banner, pop-up, and other trespassing ads. Such third party program often conceal web page content at the time of web surfing. As it deploy intrusive ads, diminish internet browsing experience.
Continuing with WhatsappTime single ads and pop-up leads to untrusted site which may have harmful content. Another downside of this harmful program is , tracking of data such as IP address, visited page history, global internet accessing location, search term and lots more. If these data do not full fill its need, it also track personally identifiable details to share with author for different illegal activity. It perform all these activity to generate revenue for its author. Due to its presence the functioning of the other application also get affected. It is strong recommendation from malware researchers to uninstall WhatsappTime if continues .
Learn To Remove WhatsappTime Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete WhatsappTime Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of WhatsappTime Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to WhatsappTime related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from WhatsappTime On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing WhatsappTime from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.