Complete Information About .lukitus File Extension Virus
Being discovered by malware researcher namely Rommel Joven, .lukitus File Extension Virus has actually been detected as an updated version or variant of the Locky Ransomware. In the case of this particular ransomware infection, it has been referred important for the users to keep remember that in a case if he/she has fortunately became a victim of .lukitus File Extension Virus, then in that situation he/she has not been actually compromised with Lukitus Ransomware, as some sites may call it. Instead they have been victimized by Locky, which is making usage of the .lukitus extension.
Security Analysts namely Derek Knight has notified .lukitus File Extension Virus being acquiring propagation among targeted PC through spam emails including subject lines of or 'Emailing-CSI-034183_MB_S_7727518b6bab2', which contain zip or rar attachments with JS files. These JS files on being executed, download the Locky executable from a remote site. Once done with the downloading and execution procedure, this threat implements a deep scanning of the system in search of the files matching with it's target list. Infection then later on after finding such files, encrypts them. This encryption usually makes the victimized files totally inaccessible to the users.
.lukitus File Extension Virus while carrying out encryption operation onto the targeted files, modifies their respective names and append .lukitus extension onto ends. This renaming is usually done utilizing the format [first_8_hexadecimal_chars_of_id]-[next_4_hexadecimal_chars_of_id]-[next_4_hexadecimal_chars_of_id]-[4_hexadecimal_chars]-[12_hexadecimal_chars].lukitus. This ransomware infection following the successful completion of the encryption procedure, removes the downloaded executable and then generates a ransom note furnishing information on how to pay the asked ransom. Analysts have notified these ransom notes been modified to lukitus.htm and lukitus.bmp. In the case of this particular malware infection, the Locky Decryptor TOR payment site has been notified setting ransom to .49 BTC or approximately $2,000 USD.
Locky Lukitus Ransom Note :
Is it really not possible to decrypt the files victimized by .lukitus File Extension Virus
Unfortunately, at present time, it is still not possible to decrypt files compromised by .lukitus File Extension Virus for free.
The only solution to enciphered files recovery is through backup or Shadow Volume Copies. Now although Locky attempts it's level best to delete the Shadow Volume Copies, however in rare cases, the threat get fail to do so. Thus, if one is not having a viable backup, then in that situation it is kindly suggested to restore or recover enciphered files from Shadow Volume Copies as well.
Some More Propagation Method of .lukitus File Extension Virus
- .lukitus File Extension Virus might disseminated itself through freeware and shareware downloads.
- Playing online games and sharing files in networking environment also plays a very crucial role in the propagation of this ransomware threat among user's PC.
- Infection often intrudes via suspicious links and corrupted hardwares.
How To Remove .lukitus File Extension Virus Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .lukitus File Extension Virus related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .lukitus File Extension Virus related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .lukitus File Extension Virus infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.